cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPHONE 4S BATTERY DRAINING!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I hope someone can help with this..Over the last few days my iphone 4s battery seems to be draining a lot faster than usual.  It had fully charged before I went to bed last night and when I got up it was almost dead!  It's on it's 2nd charge today-this just isn't right!

I've had it for 14months now, and to be honest I am a bit disappointed that I can't even use it for basic things without it nearly dying!:manfrustrated:

I have followed all the usual tips-closing apps in background etc but am I right in thinking I have to have all push notifications off, brightness set to literally dark, no location services for me to use it for a half day?!  Basically I can't use my phone!

Is anyone else experiencing these problems recently?

If anyone has any suggestions, please help!

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

have you recalibrated the battery meter and followed apples advice here http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html last paragraph For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sounds like your battery is naff. They do deteriorate very easily if not looked after(not blaming you) your best bet would be to book an appointment at a apple store and get them to replace it.

Make sure to back up before you go.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 16

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

have you recalibrated the battery meter and followed apples advice here http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html last paragraph For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you on the latest iOS ?

I generally get 1.5 days with what you mention turned on. My brightness is set to just in between the two 'ss' in the word.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

What update are you running as an update may solve the problem

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yeah I'm on iOS 6.0.1 and I always generally leave it to run right down before I charge. Sounds like its just crap and I need a new battery!
Message 6 of 16

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

apple do a battery replacement service costs £55 plus shipping if required

Apple Watch series 4

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Book a genius appointment at your nearest store, well worth the trip as in warranty replacement is free & you will walk out within 10 minutes with a brand new phone, out of warranty you would get a new phone but would have to pay £120

Message 8 of 16

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@stuart1983 not for battery replacement see here http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone select battery replacement

also 4s out of warranty is £139

Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I hope someone can help with this..Over the last few days my iphone 4s battery seems to be draining a lot faster than usual.  It had fully charged before I went to bed last night and when I got up it was almost dead!  It's on it's 2nd charge today-this just isn't right!

I've had it for 14months now, and to be honest I am a bit disappointed that I can't even use it for basic things without it nearly dying!:manfrustrated:

I have followed all the usual tips-closing apps in background etc but am I right in thinking I have to have all push notifications off, brightness set to literally dark, no location services for me to use it for a half day?!  Basically I can't use my phone!

Is anyone else experiencing these problems recently?

If anyone has any suggestions, please help!

Thanks

Have a read of this thread, there may be something useful in it for you.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-4s-Battery-Data-Drain-A-cure-a-faulty-handset-or-user/m-p/243357/highlight/true#M85340

Message 10 of 16