cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel the insurance...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought an iPhone5 on 28th June. I was bullied into getting the insurance which is costing me £12.50 a month...I was told I could cancel it, but only just realised yesterday, sadly if the email I received dated 29th June is to be believed then Saturday 12th July is the date when the insurance will be put onto my account and I will apparently not be able to cancel it.....

I have just tried to go through the link in the email that said about getting in touch to cancel, I got thrown onto a page that had nothing about insurance or cancelling it it just told me to give the problem, but I have no idea where the insurance would be under.

I then went to see if the chat was available as it's quite late at night right now and so I can't call the customer service, sadly the chat isn't available. But then I thought I could maybe cancel it on my bill page, but sadly that seems to suggest that the payment has been taken and so that leads me to believe that I have gone over the cut off date despite the fact I was assured by the assistant in the shop that I had 14 days to cancel it.

I don't know what to do now as from tomorrow that's the cut off date and so I'm worried that I will not be able to cancel the insurance off at all, I have insurance with another company that covers me for my phone so I do not need this extra £12.50 going out every month if I can help it.

Any help would be good. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Get it touch with customer services you are free to cancel the insurance at any time it's not part of your contract

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Get it touch with customer services you are free to cancel the insurance at any time it's not part of your contract
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As Damien has said contact Customer Services on 202 to cancel 02's insurance.

Do check if your Household Insurance policy covers a mobile{if you have one}, or check if your bank account has this cover.

Losing or having a smartphone can set you back a few hundred pounds to replace.

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Insurance can be cancelled anytime. You will however have to pay this month as you haveeffectively had cover since 28th June. With your other insurance, make sure you have the phone's IMEI number registered with them as it's a stipulation of some companies.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

what an absolute joke 02 insurance is. I have just had to give them 30 days notice to cancel my policy! I have had a very bad experience with an insurance claim, ending up with them fobbing me off with a refurbished phone when mine was only 2 months old and in the WRONG colour. Nothing I can do about it they say! We shall see as I am contacting the Ombudsman. My advice to everyone, cancel your policy, it is a total sham!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My advice to everyone, cancel your policy, it is a total sham!

Totally agree !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6