cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to unlock my IPhone 5S so that I can use it now in India

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys, 

I am stuck without a phone. I just landed in India last night unfortunately I cannot use my IPhone 5S even after paying for an Indian Phone. I bought my IPhone from Carphone warehouse, I assumed the phone is opened

Regards

Dominic.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought buying from Carphonewarehouse in the UK this time will mean that, even though O2 is my carrier, I will be able to use my phone anywhere. The whole idea is silly though, I think I have had enough of this. I have tried everything to reach O2 to no avail. They can't be contacted online because their online services is not working since I have been chasing them.

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147145 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Unfortunately as someone already mentioned they will lock to the network of the first sim that is inserted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147145 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Also, there is no real need to contact O2 directly. You just need to fill out this form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 13