Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

I-Phone went dead on me today... Anyone had this problem?

Ok, so I was sittin in staff canteen today fiddlin around with my doody I-Phone.
Well basically I have 3 pages of menu, and i was scooping my finger foward and back across the pages for the fun of it. A friend went to take a look at the phone, so I pressed the power button to put it on stand by (hence they goto look at it but its password locked mua ha ha)..... HOWEVER..

When they took the phone, they pressed the power button and no display came up. I took it back myself and tried.

Touched the screen - Nothing
Pressed power button (and tried holding it) - Nothing
Pressed Menu button - Nothing
Pressed volume buttons and silence button - Still nothing.

It seemed that my I-phone had suddenly died on me. As A last resort I turned to my mate and said "just try ringing my phone, see what happens". He did this, and then just like magic the phone came back to life and worked..... Until I hit the standby button and it went dead as a do do again.

I finally got around this problem by getting him to phone me, then switching the phone off completely, leaving it a few minutes and restarting it, no problems since.

However, should this happen when I really need to use my phone and I have no friends that can just "call" me, im somewhat stuck?

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was your fix around it, could you do it by yourself or did you require someone to ring you as I did? Also does anyone happen to know the cause of this weird glitch?

Thanks (And hope the above is useful to anyone else that has the problem and cannot fix it too!).
Anonymous

I had this a few months ago, when I called apple... they got me to do a reset (not a restore) and that cleared the issue...

Just held the power button on the top at the same time as the home button....
Anonymous

hey ippyboi - so by reset i presume no lost data?
Anonymous

nope a reset just does that not restore to factory settings.... I think sometimes like a pc (as macs dont crash as often) they just overload on data... and really the iphone can only do one thing at a time...

The other option you have is to do a restore via itunes, it gives you the option to back up first anyway
Highlighted
Anonymous

just gave it a try and worked.. useful bit of information to know Smiley Happy Thanks for the top ippyboi!
Level 9: Fired up

heyyy

i used to have that problem...but like ippyboy...explained....reset the phone...Smiley Happy...n its working fine....Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

anyone ever manage to figure out the cause?
Anonymous

The iphone is not a PC or laptop and can only copy with doing a one thing at a time. This is why they dont want to run more than one application at a time as it slows down the CPU inside, sometimes like a car stalling you just have to turn it off and restart....lol