cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock an iPhone 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen ads for £35 but would get it done cheaper or even freebie, anyone?

All1

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Official o2 processes here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to pay off your device in full first
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Unless it's changed recently this is the official notice from O2

If you've got an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus you won't be able to get it unlocked unless you've paid off your Device Plan in full

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-netwo...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If my understanding is right it was bought on eBay from someone who got it as an upgrade if that info helps anyone.

All1

Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If my understanding is right it was bought on eBay from someone who got it as an upgrade if that info helps anyone.

All1

From Ebay @Anonymous? Is there any chance you could get in touch with the seller to find what network it was locked to when he bought it? He might be genuine but there are a few sellers on Ebay who buy phones then claim they are lost or stolen...which results in a bar being put on the phone. (They do this to make an insurance claim). Not saying this is what happened but it is something to think about?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Chances are that the seller is still paying monthly for the phone so you’ll have to wait until o2 release the restriction on the 8 for unlocking if that is the case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't contact the seller myself as i'm trying to find out how to unlock for a buddy and he bought it of eBay, I pointed him to a couple of links on ebay from sellers who offer unlocking but if it's a dodgy phone he may well be out of luck

All1

Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Best of luck with purchasing off eBay, I hope the seller is honest and trustworthy. 

Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You need to pass on this info to your friend @Anonymous We never advise buying phones off Ebay....particularly at this time of year...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16