cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block text & calls from an unwanted caller

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help me with the procedure to block a number from text / calls to my o2  3G iphone??    Thanx

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your iPhone won't allow it as iOS7 which has this facility built into it, will not download onto a iPhone 3GS {assuming thats the model of your iPhone}

You can however request a number change with 02 once for free.

Or upgrade your iPhone to the iPhone's models available upwards {4,4s,5,5c,5s} and download iOS 7 ,or buy another make of Phone ,and use something like AVG app , handset permitting.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your iPhone won't allow it as iOS7 which has this facility built into it, will not download onto a iPhone 3GS {assuming thats the model of your iPhone}

You can however request a number change with 02 once for free.

Or upgrade your iPhone to the iPhone's models available upwards {4,4s,5,5c,5s} and download iOS 7 ,or buy another make of Phone ,and use something like AVG app , handset permitting.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear 02 I need this number blockt from my phone and it is ******

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 cannot block the number for you. Most phones have the option of adding a number to a block list. If you tell us what phone you have we can advise you.

You have posted in the iPhone section and if that's what you have then read this link.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-block-number-on-iphone-image-3442391/

More help here.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Also @Anonymous this is a customer to customer forum and no-one here has access to your account...It is not advisable to post what seems to be a personal number in an open forum...I have asked for the number to be removed......Follow @jonsie's advice above

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just click the i next to the number in your recent calls list, scroll down and select block this number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6