cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot spot

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to use my iphone 5 to make a hot spot with my mac. But it's saying "to enable hotspot log into O2"
Do I need a different tariff as I am on simplicity at the moment?

Thank you
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry don't know what you mean
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you log in to see your bills there is a section there called my bolt ons in there does it say uk data for iphone or just uk data?
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok will chech that
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok it's uk data
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
750mb uk data
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right John what you need to do is call 202 in the morning and ask them to change your data bolt on to an iphone one it doesn't cost anymore and they can do it to start from midnight then you will be able to use your hot spot feature

@Anonymous I suspect yours is the same problem that your data bolt on is not an iphone one if that is the case just follow the steps above I gave John slight_smile
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok cheers Damien 1 🙂
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome glad I could sort it for you slight_smile
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

If your trying to tether your Mac to your iPhone so you can use your data allowance in your tariff you have to be able to see the following setting in your iPhone.

Under Settings you should see "Personal Hotspot".

If you dont see this then you cannot tether and as suggested phone O2 CS on 202.

If you do see it then toggle it on and your iphone will become descoverable and your mac with wifi turned on will find it. Accept the pairing with any password set up and it should connect.

However be very aware that as your mac is able to view webpages with more detailed content than your iPhone your data allowance will be used more quickly.

Apples Help link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4517

Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for you help slight_smile Much appreciated
Message 20 of 24