http://bgr.com/2016/02/12/ios-history-iphone-features-evolution/

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Interesting to see that the 6s picture looks remarkably like the 3G picture so nothing much has changed design wise but I like the following excert wink

"That being the case, we thought it’d be interesting to take a look back at the myriad of ways in which iOS has morphed, not only from a limited mobile OS into a multi-talented and advanced operating system..."

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Thanks for posting this @Anonymous I am not a fan of Apple but it did make for a good read. I didn't realise it had only been 8 years. I had no idea that iOS 7 came with all those 'upsets'...

iOS 7. Where does one even begin? iOS 7 represented a sea change not only for iOS, but also for Apple’s executive lineup. If you recall, Scott Forstall, the man responsible for every iteration of iOS up until iOS 6, was unceremoniously dismissed from the company in October of 2012 for refusing to take ownership of Apple’s Mapping problems. In his place, Tim Cook put Jony Ive in charge of the look and feel of Apple’s mobile OS.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Yes iOS 7 had all that shakeup which meant the design & look,was fresh that year. @jonsie The 6/6s has gone back to the design shape of the 3G/3GS after being stuck with the rectangular shape since the 4 which is a nice change, I'll delve into that more in my review on the iPhone 6 coming soon 

Message 4 of 4