Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High monthly spend looking to upgrade

joeobrien
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, I want to 'speed to refresh' and currently pay £65 a month. I want to pay around £400 up front for a iPhone 5s and about £27 4G phone plan to keep monthly payments down but having read the Refresh terms, I am anticipating a problem... 

1. You must sign up to a 24 month O2 Refresh tariff where the combined Phone Plan and Airtime Plan is equivalent to, or of higher value than, your current handset base tariff, excluding any bolt-ons or additional services.  In limited circumstances and depending on your handset tariff and the O2 Refresh tariffs available, this will not always require the combined monthly cost to be of equal or higher value than your current handset tariff, but an O2 advisor will be able to tell you which of the O2 Refresh combined Phone and Airtime Plans are of equivalent value to your current handset tariff.  For the avoidance of doubt, you will not be able to take this Offer if you are signing up for a new handset tariffs (including or excluding 4G) not on O2 Refresh and/or adding 4G bolt-ons to an existing tariff.

The problem is, I can't get any Refresh tarriffs near my currenrly monthly spend!

Does anyone have an expierence of this ie: paying a high tarriff and upgrading early to what would be a lower monthly spend. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As It says in the quoted T&C an advisor will be able to tell you just ring 202 and ask

This bit

this will not always require the combined monthly cost to be of equal or higher value than your current handset tariff, but an O2 advisor will be able to tell you which of the O2 Refresh combined Phone and Airtime Plans are of equivalent value to your current handset tariff.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you spoken to O2 on 202 or popped into a high street store to discuss all your available options.

We can only quote what's showing online as we are customers too.

Enjoy the journey.

Also look at independents such as CPW. you cant speed to refresh but they do have some good deals
Message 2 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As It says in the quoted T&C an advisor will be able to tell you just ring 202 and ask

This bit

this will not always require the combined monthly cost to be of equal or higher value than your current handset tariff, but an O2 advisor will be able to tell you which of the O2 Refresh combined Phone and Airtime Plans are of equivalent value to your current handset tariff.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 5

joeobrien
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the responses. Just upgraded and no mention of this point in the terms. I've now gone from £65pm to £37p - which is more like it! 

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions