cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Data use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

My o@ bill shows that I used almost half of my monthly data allowance (209.03MB) on one day — 20 December. Spoke to O2 and they say I need to speak to Apple about this as they(O2) don't know what how the data is made up. Really? Does this seem right? It doesn't to me. 

Would appreciate anyone's views.

Thanks

mfw

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone will tell you which apps have used the data. Look in the settings >mobile (or cellular) and scroll down....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have you checked your phone to see what is using this data? Is mobile data switched off?  Usually the cause is apps updating in the background....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a known issue with iPhones & data. Do you have wifi assist switched on? Could also be a rogue app, uninstall any unnecessary apps to rule out that option 

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also @Anonymous O2 provide a fair bit of info about high data usage....have a look at their link here...

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/excessive-data-use

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone will tell you which apps have used the data. Look in the settings >mobile (or cellular) and scroll down....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply — I have my wi-fi assist turned off. Will start an uninstall of unused apps. May take some time unfortunately — I'm a bit of a sucker for apps!

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So the figure next to them shows the usage but for the current period, presumably? No way of finding out what used the data in the previous period?
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to reset your data each month to see what you used each month

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It shows what has been used since you last reset the counter.
If you reset it daily you can monitor which apps use the most data on a regular basis.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9