Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to get a replacement iphone 5 after just four days

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As some of you may have read (and helped me with) I was having some problems logging into my wifi. Well I finally managed it late friday, however unless I was really close to the router it just went off. Well today I found out it's a major problem, it wouldn't find the wifi network at my sisters so had to manually type the network in. Again same problem wouldn't work unless near router. Then In costa it wouldn't find the wifi network there either. Basically my phone isn't finding any wifi networks at all, phoned apple and went through some stuff people had already helped me with on here. Guy said definately something wrong, so have to go to the apple store to see somebody on sunday, and get a replacement. I'm hoping they'll test the new one instore, making sure wifi works. After waiting nearly a month for my phone,  I'm not best pleased to say the least.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar issue with wifi - works only if I am standing right next to (and I mean right next to) the wireless router.  More than about a yard away and it stops working.  Now it is ridiculous, Apple want to charge me £30 to send a replacement, or they send me a box, I return it and am without a phone for 5 days and they send a new one back.  Went into King's Road 02 and they will only replace it if I have the box.  I have proof of purchase, receipts etc... they don't want the peripherals, just the bloody box.  I didn't have the box so they were very unhelpful, dismissed me as a customer and unapologetic.  They said that Richmond would replace it because that's where I got it from.... I thought this was supposed to be a multinational company???  Terrible customer service from 02, sell me a duff phone and made it a pain to get the bloody thing replaced - cowboys.

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any apple store will do a walk in / walk out service if the phone is faulty under warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

But they didn't!!!  They just not only refused to replace phone unless I had original box (I had receipt) but you don't even need original box under Sale of Goods Act.  02 on King's Road are clueless, don't respect customer statutory rights and have wasted my entire afternoon - ARRGGHH. 

PS - no anger directed at you by the way - have a nice day! slight_smile

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I said apple store not O2 store wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14