Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to get a replacement iphone 5 after just four days

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As some of you may have read (and helped me with) I was having some problems logging into my wifi. Well I finally managed it late friday, however unless I was really close to the router it just went off. Well today I found out it's a major problem, it wouldn't find the wifi network at my sisters so had to manually type the network in. Again same problem wouldn't work unless near router. Then In costa it wouldn't find the wifi network there either. Basically my phone isn't finding any wifi networks at all, phoned apple and went through some stuff people had already helped me with on here. Guy said definately something wrong, so have to go to the apple store to see somebody on sunday, and get a replacement. I'm hoping they'll test the new one instore, making sure wifi works. After waiting nearly a month for my phone,  I'm not best pleased to say the least.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The wifi fix is supposed to be in the software update on Friday, so it might possibly sort your issue out and no need for a replacement slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck with it. Apple will sort it, excellent customer service.

Everything about the new iphone launch, including quality control, seems to have been lacking and rushed.

Message 2 of 14

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Cheers Jonsie, the guy I spoke to from apple was great, and really helpful. I'm just gutted as I thought it was sorted, but then when it wouldn't pick up wifi anywhere else, I had to seek further help. Agree 100% about the rushed launch and qulity control, You'd think they'd have it all sorted before launch, to avoid more problems futher down the line. Just going to make sure they can check the wifi on the new one, before I even leave the store.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The wifi fix is supposed to be in the software update on Friday, so it might possibly sort your issue out and no need for a replacement slight_smile
Message 4 of 14

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Would be nice Penny, but can't see it. My friends are running ios 6, on the 4s and 5. They are not having this issue, so think it is something wrong with the phone. slight_frown

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's worth a try checking once the update arrives to see if it solves your problem, might save you a trip to apple store.
Message 6 of 14

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oh I'll be having a go of that as well Penny, is it definately friday the update?

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to people on apple forums it's Friday yep the only minor issue I have is with the coloured lines when on app and iTunes Store when entering password.
Message 8 of 14

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Good luck with it. Apple will sort it, excellent customer service.

Everything about the new iphone launch, including quality control, seems to have been lacking and rushed.

Yep, everything rushed to try to beat the Samsung success story & failed.......BIG TIME!! wink Looking on the news today, lots of heads rolling at the top of the Apple tree... it was only a matter of time..... tongue

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 9 of 14

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

The wifi issue is widely reported as a software issue, and is due to get fixed in the next update.  So might be worth waiting to see, if it is the same issue you are experiencing.  Good luck slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 10 of 14