Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Greedy O2

[ Edited ]

I am on 12months contract from last year when I upgraded for Iphone 4s for 12months.  However, this year O2 was the only network that wanted to offer me to upgrade for 24months.  

O2 acted greedy and unfair on the 21/09/2012 taking full advantage of the launch of the Iphone5 by forcing customers on the most expensive new tariff for 24months commitment, thats roughly a £1300 contract.

I had no option but to buy the phone on Pay&Go which O2 had the audacity to charge me £619.99+£10.00 O2 topup for the 32gb Iphone 5 £30.00 more expensive than Apple Store. 

I hope O2 is proud of this financial strategy!!!!

Anonymous

Re: Greedy O2

[ Edited ]

Did someone have a gun to your head? I ask be cause you said that "[O2 were] forcing customers on the most expensive new tariff…"

Did you not think to go to one of the competitors who had tariffs to meet your very specific requirements?

O2 has categorically breached no Ofcom regulation. Such a silly post.

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

O2 didn't "force" you to do anything, it was your  "choice" to buy a phone from them at that price.

It's very easy to check around for better prices.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Most shops had limited supply of Iphone5 in stock. 

Giving you one option of selection is really a form of FORCING you to accept or NOT.   Now if possible O2 should give me the option of 12 or 18 months contract not ONLY 24MONTHS contract.

I said MAYBE it might be in breach of some.

So correct me if I am wrong,

You feel it is ok for O2 just to offer ONE network for 24months for customer who want to upgrade or buy new contracts?

Thank you for your respond.

Anonymous

by only offering one network tariff I feel is some kind of forcing you to buy the most profitable tariff for O2,

O2 has an obligation to offer customers (New/Upgrade) that have an options for all tariffs just like what they offer on (Samsung, Nokia) other handsets.

Anonymous

As others have said you don't have to stay with O2.

If people were not happy to stay with O2 for 24 months then people wouldn't have upgraded.

I think you will find that plenty of people were more than happy with O2 offering just ONE network for 24 months as you put it
Anonymous

I'm very sure you wearn't forced.

Buyers market with plenty of alternatives available!
Level 44: Clearly Talented

This Is not solely aimed at you mohaman but why do people think its ok to come onto a website provided for free by a company aimed at supporting its customers to slag off said company?

This forum would be a much better place without these hate threads. Yes there's are problems but nothing will be achieved by these threads.

You weren't expected to buy from o2 if you thought it was a bad deal my friend there are another 7 networks and 2 shops I can think off that are offering iPhone 5s as well. There was no force involved in this transaction. I'm sorry you feel that way but now you have the phone pay to get it unlocked and go buy someone else's tarif if you feel O2 are ripping you offSmiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

No I was not forced,  but that's the only option they offered. 

And its so long to move to a different network provider, get your code, takes 72hours to do that and this. 

Also, I have been with O2 for over 7 years now.

They also, never refused to upgrade me 12months.  WHY did they decide to do only 24months this year!!!!!!

Level 44: Clearly Talented

72 hours is hardly a long time compared to two years my friend. If you don't want to be tied in for 2 years you only have other networks as your choice sorry.

None of us are privy to O2 contract decisions we can only say that it is what it is.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink