cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to Spain next week for 7 days, and when I bought my Iphone 4s the shop assistant advised me to contact O2 to let them know that I am in fact going away, so if I get a text or call and they see that my phone is in Spain, they won't think it has been stolen. Do I actually need to contact them, and what would be the easiest way? Their live chats are always busy. Cat SadThanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Call CS on 202 for free. It's important that you do. Also turn off voicemail before you leave if you want to avoid charges for the service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Call CS on 202 for free. It's important that you do. Also turn off voicemail before you leave if you want to avoid charges for the service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your iPhone will be locked to 02 so the first thing I would do it ask for the unlock via the online form which is free for pay monthly customers and £15 for payg.

Then you could just get a payg sim while your in Spain !

Or buy a cheap payg handset and sim while your there.

My alternative would be is to leave your iPhone at home and use a pay phone if you need to phone home.
Message 3 of 3