cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go see a Guru for proper advice...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently posted that I had no 2G internet connection on my IPhone 5 where I had connection on my Nokia N8.  I was advised by the O2 shop to change my sim card - 4 day delay due to problems last weekend, did not resolve issue, multiple chats with the on line gurus told me to wipe sim and leave phone off for 10 minutes, mast down problems...............etc but no help.  I was advised by Toby to see a guru in the O2 shop.  Unfortuately for me the problems lay with O2 and the fact that connection over 2G is going to be slow - smartphones are not made for 2G apparently.  My phone did not connect through 2G but the Guru's phone did.  He changed the cellular settings to mobile instead of idata and managed to connect.  I have tried at home and again it now connects.  Ok its not a major problem as I can use Wifi at home and 3G most other places, but having a very expensive piece of hardware I wanted to make sure that everything worked!  My advice to anyone having a problem, ignore the stupid advice given by the chat Guru's (not all of them - just the ones I had!), and speak to someone face to face, if you can.  At least you feel that you are not just being fobbed off.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It sounds as if you don't have an iPhone tariff.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do, been checked.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any other bright ideas?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Any other bright ideas?

I would doubt that anybody has any "bright ideas".

We are all customers trying to help other customers, as opposed to short term visitors looking for a quick fix.

Like I have always said, anybody can buy an iPhone, but not everybody should own one.

I hope you find a fix soon.

Message 5 of 12

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Bravo^^

Have them remove your iPhone data bolt on and then reinstate it.

Do you have another phone available to check its not your hardware at fault?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure how to find a fix. If the guru in the o2 shop says cant find anything wrong. Then all I can assume is there is nothing wrong. As I said. I have had the data checked. My friend also on O2 says she always had the problem on her iPhone 4S and now iPhone 5. Thanks anyway.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked. 2g working on mobile data settings. Slow. But connecting. Can live with it.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked. 2g working on mobile data settings. Slow. But connecting. Can live with it. Mainly use wifi and 3G when available. Do apple shops keep spare iPhones to replace those not working. Thought there was a long wait still for back orders.
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I believe they have separate stock for replacements.

It seems strange that your phone is working on the non idata settings though but if you are happy to manage with it, you can monitor it for a while to see if it improves?

Message 10 of 12