Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Future 3G coverage

Hi, Thanks ippyboi, all the your replies have been taken onboard and I thank you. I have not had the chance to try 3G myself, between Leeds & Hull. I was looking at the o2 coverage maps, but even so it still looks a bit thin on the ground! I do like the iPhone and I would like to upgrade to 3G iPhone in July. Like so many others I was dissipointed without EDGE and feel like the same thing could happen with 3G. 3G is one of the main reasons for upgrading and not totally dependant on Wi-Fi. Thanks Jeff.
Anonymous

Re: Future 3G coverage

I think the market for unlocking a 3G is going to high! Why haven't apple allowed another network like in Italy or Australia to have the iphone 3G too for the Uk?

james
Anonymous

Future 3G coverage

Can I ask how everyone is checking their 3g coverage?
Anonymous

Future 3G coverage

http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/

AND for the all network masts info

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

james.
Anonymous

Future 3G coverage

They are both good links... but my advice is use o2's map as a guide.... and that gives streep 3g... inside a house or work place you may not get it...

And site map is an excellent tool but not updated as often as it should...

My advice would be to get a 3g phone and try it urself.... you have 14 days with the iphone to return it for a full refund....
Anonymous

3G quality

O2 has most of Cardiff covered by 3G. I live just outside Cardiff, with on 3G. When I travel into the city on a daily basis I switch to the HSDPA Network. But the strength of the 3G Network is really poor, and indoor coverage is just Crap. always end up bak on 2G which is FULL signal all the time. why have O2 not sorted this? Get the 3G coverage up to meet 2G. Up until January I was on T-Mobile and their 3G coverage is full in the areas where they say they have it.
Us customers should get to take control, after all they get enough money from us. So give us the 3G in Dinas Powys!
Anonymous

Future 3G coverage

OK are you ready and sitting comfi...

The signal strenght will depend on several things.... where the cell site is and how many people are logged on to it and what they are doing.... in built up areas they use micro cells these are not full cells but take some congestion...

3, Vodafone and T mobile all share mast and netowrks for 3g and so more mast will mean better speeds...but it also means that at some times of the day it will slow right down even with full signal

O2 has had to revamp its cells to be able to use 3g and HSDPA and in alot of places add new equipment... and so its a much slower roll out. But they are adding more cells as well as updating what it has...

As for 3g indoors... it depends where you are, what the building is made from... most 3g signals indoors are poor.... if you got 3g indoors and it was good then your lucky... I was on 3, and im less than 1/2 a mile from the cell site and cant get it at all in my house...

O2 have also tried to help congestion by adding more wifi in the forms of Bt Openzone... after all wifi is faster than 3g....