cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found an 02 phone that was lost and requested unlock again by 02, no service

Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter lost her O2 iphone 5c which is on my account. When she lost it a few months ago I called o2 and have them block the phone. I think they did this by IMEI. Yesterday I called and asked for it to be unblocked as the phone made its way back to us. They unblocked the IMEI but still no service. I called again now as it was over 24 hours later and they have had to resubmit the IMEI unblock as they cant see why its still blocked even though it shows unblocked on my account. 

I have 3 mobile numbers with O2 and over the years bought various phones on different numbers so cant be sure exact number this phone was purchased on. They said that it might be because you submit a mobile number to unlock, they have now tried a different mobile number from the one they tried yesterday to subit the unblock form!

Is this likley just a clerical error or could whoever was in possesion of the phone done something? When we got the phone back it was reset and said it couldnt be reset because it was tied to an iphone account (which was my daughters). So i put in that password and reset it. So it seems unlikley they have jailbroken it or succeeded in an illegal unlock. Phone is exactly as it was.

Hoping this gets resolved! Amazed I even have the phone back!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124331 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Are you still using the same sim in this phone? If so it may well be that the sim was blocked along with them barring the phone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Are you trying to remove the bar from the handset or unlock it?
They are 2 different things.
The bar put on when it was lost is purely IMEI related and should be removed by CS.
Unlock is to enable the use of a non o2 sim and the correct phone number identification is also required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like trying to remove the bar from the sim

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My daughter lost her O2 iphone 5c which is on my account. When she lost it a few months ago I called o2 and have them block the phone. I think they did this by IMEI. Yesterday I called and asked for it to be unblocked as the phone made its way back to us. They unblocked the IMEI but still no service. I called again now as it was over 24 hours later and they have had to resubmit the IMEI unblock as they cant see why its still blocked even though it shows unblocked on my account. 

I have 3 mobile numbers with O2 and over the years bought various phones on different numbers so cant be sure exact number this phone was purchased on. They said that it might be because you submit a mobile number to unlock, they have now tried a different mobile number from the one they tried yesterday to subit the unblock form!

Is this likley just a clerical error or could whoever was in possesion of the phone done something? When we got the phone back it was reset and said it couldnt be reset because it was tied to an iphone account (which was my daughters). So i put in that password and reset it. So it seems unlikley they have jailbroken it or succeeded in an illegal unlock. Phone is exactly as it was.

Hoping this gets resolved! Amazed I even have the phone back!

Hi there @Anonymous

It happens if the imei has been bared for more than 24h/48h that when the bars are removed the imei is still blacklisted, so another request needs to be done. They do ask for the number that was inside rather than the one used to order the phone. Also even if you got that wrong they still have the Imei that they can use to trace it. That can take upto 72 hours. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Are you going to use the number in the when it was lost? If so ask them to make sure the block on that account is also removed. 

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The people I've seen requesting unblocking usually comment it's taken up to 5 working days have you got it sorted yet ?
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The people I've seen requesting unblocking usually comment it's taken up to 5 working days have you got it sorted yet ?

iPhones are 72 hours.

All others are upto 28 days but usually turned around much quicker.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124331 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

iPhones are 72 hours.

All others are upto 28 days but usually turned around much quicker.

In reality @MI5 why should it take this length of time anyway? Or do they have to 'investigate' why the phone was blocked?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
I'm referring to unlocking (as per the thread title) not unblocking, which are 2 different things.
I asked the OP for clarification previously but have not had a reply.
Message 10 of 12