Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash for iPhone/iPad

Valerie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad mini .... I can upload videos to Facebook, but can't watch them ! I get a message to upgrade flash, when I click on the link it says your device does not support flash ??? Why is this ? My daughter in law can watch them on her iPhone 4S .... I know I can download another browser, for example I downloaded Puffin, and that works, but why can't I see them if I use Safari as my DIL does ....
Valerie
Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I know your problem is with viewing videos but I had a similar problem but it was not being able to view photos on my facebook app but once I deleted it and reinstalled it then it works fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
I'm not aware that flash is supported in iOS unless it's a new introduction. You probably need the You Tube app to watch video's ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have no issues watching videos from facebook thru the facebook app like your daughter.

Have you tried resetting the iPhone using Settings,General,reset, Reset all settings or clear your cookies and data in settings, safari.

Here is an interesting thread from the Apple Community.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4933290

Message 3 of 27

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have no probs with YouTube vids, but strange that I can upload my own vids to Facebook then not be able to see them ... Don't want to re set all my settings as there might be some I don't want changing!
Next time I see my DIL I think I will check all her settings against mine and see if there is a difference
Valerie
Message 4 of 27

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

ios has never supported flash and adobe has stopped supporting on phones http://appleinsider.com/articles/11/11/09/adobe_confirms_it_will_no_longer_develop_flash_for_mobile_...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 27

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
I thought that was the case...
It should get better as more websites start to support HTML5 but for now at least we can sideload Flash on Androids.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 27

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Still doesn't explain how I can't see my own videos on Facebook on my iPhone when my daughter in law can see them on her iPhone ??
Thanks anyway
Valerie
Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
A weird one indeed.
Message 8 of 27

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Certainly is weird, my emails keep disappearing too just asked in different thread ....
Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
Just thrown in a suggestion to that issue on your other thread.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 27