Did you mean: 

Faulty Apple XS Battery Case bought through O2.co.uk

Lee_Cassels
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me.  I have an Apple XS battery case which was purchased online through O2.co.uk last September.  It appears to be faulty.  It's never worked, I've been left stranded with no charge on the few occasions when I've needed extended battery life.  I now get an error message stating that 'the accessory is not supported'.  

Can anyone advise how I get it changed?  Do I need to visit an Apple store?  It's within the 12 month warranty period.

Any advice gratefully received.  This issue is driving me nuts and I feel really let down on paying £100 for an accessory which doesn't work.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Lee_Cassels 

If it never worked then why didn't you replace it at the time.  

You can visit an Apple store or contact o2 customer services on 202 or 0344 809 0202

It may also be a fault with your iPhone if it has only just started to come up with the error message, so may be best to visit an apple store and book an appointment with a "Genius"

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Lee_Cassels 

If it never worked then why didn't you replace it at the time.  

You can visit an Apple store or contact o2 customer services on 202 or 0344 809 0202

It may also be a fault with your iPhone if it has only just started to come up with the error message, so may be best to visit an apple store and book an appointment with a "Genius"

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Lee_Cassels
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have only recently had cause to use it as I've been working from home for a lengthy period.  This item was purchased to give me cover when needed not to be used on a daily basis.

Further investigation on my part reveals that this is actually a known concern with these cases not working and they should be replaced under warranty.  I will contact O2 first to see if they can effect a swap without me visiting a store as the purchase was online.  And if they cannot handle it for me, I will make the appointment to visit Apple which is my least preferred option.

Message 3 of 4

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

You might find Apple are more efficient at resolving it if it is a known issue. O2 may want to send it off, etc rather than replace. Apple will just replace on the spot (subject to stock) assuming it is an issue with their case.

Message 4 of 4