cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault re receiving texts out of europe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sirs
I would like to report that over the past few years when I have been holidaying outside of Europe, I do not receive any texts on my 5C phone. I cannot understand why this happens and it is very frustrating indeed. I run a business and need to have 24 hour contact even when I am away from home. I would like a simple explanation of why this happens. I can receive I Messages on my iPad which is ok if the person sending is using an iPhone but if they are an Android user then it obviously won't happen.
I would be grateful for your answer by return.
I have been an 02 customer for as long as they have been in existence and think I deserve a valid explanation.
Thank you,

Sent from my iPad

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Firstly you aren't talking to O2 here. This is a customer to customer forum so please remove your personal information.

Have you tried selecting a different network whilst abroad? Once you find and connect to that then forget and try O2 again...This should reset the message centre if this is the cause of the problem

If you want to contact customer services you need to use this contact us link...http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As said, please call customer service and remove your address and phone number as this is a customer to customer forum.

Maybe try a different network when overseas. Does this happen when on wifi or all the time?

I would get a replacement sim before you go overseas again and possibly get the phone checked with Apple.

Maybe @adamtemp64 or @darrengf has some advice on this.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do imessages come through on 5c?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Morning all. When your out side of the Eu does anything work? Can you make or receive calls? Do you get a signal, is it everywhere outside EU or just one place.

First of all, I would ask customer care if there are any Blocks on the account for International roaming. Or what blocks are on the account.

The sim you was given also may have not been provisioned correctly, so I agree with jonsie and get it replaced. Also have u tried another phone. As mentioned?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think this is the issue @darrengf The OP was quite specific in title and post that it was texts....Had they said nothing worked when abroad then that would be a whole different ball game I think? Quite confusing really. I go abroad frequently and never had an issue with 'not receiving texts'. However I haven't got an iPhone ..:smileywink:.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thanks for responding @darrengf and good advice. I wasn't sure if this was a general problem or an iPhone issue.

Message 7 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I think what puzzling me more is that it's only SMS. I've never had a problem with SMS not being delivered or received and I know 100s with iPhone and all devices and again no issues.

Because SMS comes a different route to voice calls. It may be like a said a provisioning error with the centeral SMS delivery system. Or o2 has blocked something or it may be possible there has been a bar on the sim for some reason.

What really confuses me is that SMS work ok in eu and not outside of that. This would indicate to me that there has been a partial bar on the account? But why I don't know. I would get a brand new sim and check for bars on the account.

But the next thing was mentioned re iMessage on iPad? So are we getting confused over both? You can still get iMessages on iPhone abroad as long as u have data? Or even wifi.

I'm wondering if there is a costing bar on the account. Which hasn't been removed. So the person can't rack up cost.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

One of the reasons why I asked if this was on wifi only. I have no such problems in Asia so I would think it's account or sim related.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's why I asked if imessage was working on phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10