Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: FAO O2 Please advise! - iphone 5 12 Month Contracts

Wow! Well I didn't see that one coming.

Maybe Apple have got this wrong? Can see CS getting lots of complaints (to say the least) Smiley Sad

Anonymous

I just rang O2 and got through to O2 Sales for new customers and they have no shortage of iPhone 5s except for black 32GB and white 64GB. Order before 4pm today and get it delivered on Monday.

Spoke to retentions to see if they would budge on 12 months upgrade and it was a definite no at the moment. The advisor told me that iPhone upgrades would be delivered in 21 days.

I was told O2 offer 24 month contracts as they are cheaper and no one knows for sure Apple will release an iPhone next year!

I'm astounded that O2 are basing their decision to do 24 month only tariffs on the premise that Apple won't release an iPhone next year! Also their business decision to have iPhone 5s available for new customers within 3 days but existing customers have to wait 21 days is strange to say the least!
Anonymous

Did you ask them why if you go into an apple store u can get 12 month contracts?
Anonymous

Yes I did.  That was met with surprise and they reiterated that they don't offer 12 months to anyone yet.  

I got the impression that they were unconcerned that I was going to move to Vodafone to get the contract I wanted. The advisor suggested I buy the handset and go onto a Simplicity contract but in my case moving to Vodafone on a 12 month contract @ £51 per month with the handset costing me £44 (£319 - £275 [recycling offer for my 4s)] is £656 and cheaper than buying the 64gb handset SIM free from Apple.

I don't have to have the phone on launch day but to maximize the recycling value of my 4s and also as I'm at the end of my contact I am looking to get the iPhone 5.  If I knew O2 were going to release a 12 month contract I'd stay with them...

Anonymous

Yep I would too, but they only have 3 hours left to keep my business as I will be going to Vodafone at 5:30
Anonymous

O2 chat, didn't hesitate in giving me my PAC code but my loyalty is apparently appreciated.

I dont want it on launch day but I wont be signing into a 24 month contract. Trying to get hold of an Apple store Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Finally, confirmation from a guru that they will be having it 'soon'. I have replaced my name with dots but this is the convo:

Noel: Thanks for the information. Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you.

Noel: Thanks for waiting, I've checked this for you, We do not have 12 months contract for I phone 5.

Noel: We will be having it soon.

.............: How soon??

Noel: ..........., As of now I don't have the exact date but it will be lauched as soon as possible and you will be able to check this on website.

Anonymous

Ive been told the same but after going through complaints due to so many different messages I was given PAC code and told they wouldn't coming any time soon.

Anyone from O2 able to confirm?
Anonymous

I think o2 have given up on this thread, no offense to them, but all they are doing is acting like trained parrots....'I understand your concern' is their favourite, followed by 'I don't have any information at the minute', I mean seriously, I could teach my 2 year old to repeat those 2 sentances constantly.

The fact no one has taken it upon themselves to take this up a high ranking employee just shows what o2 must be like to work for. All they need to do is say 'we will release a statement addressing concers next week/next month (or whenever they can be bothered to get around to it', that would solve all of this rather than letting us fester in our anger and frustration...
Anonymous

I have been reviewing these boards over the last few days, and I want to write about how I feel.  I have been after, like many others, a 12 month contract for the iPhone 5.  I have been feeling frustration with o2 since pre orders were announced, as I wanted a 12 month contract, was assured last year that new customers could apply for a 12 month contract, and yet no such contract was available for preorder or on the day of release, today.

Unfortunately for o2, I genuinely believe that they have damaged their reputation with many iPhone customers and that they cannot “win” now:

1) Either they do not ever offer a 12 month contract, which will make a mockery of their previous assurance that upgrading customers can get a 12 month contract; or

2) They offer a 12 month contract at a later date which will simply demonstrate their utter lack of loyalty to existing upgrading customers; either because o2 wanted people desperate enough for the iPhone 5 to sign up for a 24 month contract immediately and thus they took advantage of their customer base (o2 call this “business”, I’m sure) or they are insulting their loyal customers, who would normally choose to upgrade to the new iPhone every 12 months, by engineering the pre-order process so that that those who want a 12 month contract would actually be unable to preorder on the basis of a 12 month contract and thus could not get the phone on the day of release.  The consequence is that we would have to wait weeks to get the new phone. If this transpires to be the case, o2 should be ashamed.

Combine this with the apparent mixed messages coming from o2 with respect to 12 month contracts (how can there possibly not be a formal position on this which has been communicated to your staff?) and I end up with a thoroughly disappointing conclusion to a network that once treated me so well.

So I called the cancellations department.  I have been with o2 for nearly 10 years, paying around £60 a month.  It meant nothing, it seems, and my loyalty to o2 was rewarded with a "Sure - here's your PAC code".

How can this, by any measure, be a sensible way of running a business?  They could offer 2 month contracts if they wished and charge £1,500 for it – if people were willing to pay for it, o2 would make money.  But to take away the option, at the date of release, of a 12 month contract to those who want one just doesn’t make commercial sense to me.  Charge what you wish, ensure you make a profit on the 12 month contract, but offer it.  Offer your customers the choice that they clearly want.

Quite astonishing and quite sad.

And just like that, o2 have lost a once loyal customer to Vodafone.  I called Vodafone this morning, everything was processed smoothly and I will have my phone within next week.

I know I am but one voice – but there are many others like me and, together, we are loud – why does o2 refuse to listen?

It is a real shame.

Goodbye, o2.