Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

FAO O2 Please advise! - iphone 5 12 Month Contracts

Can anyone from o2 please let all of your customers know categorically whether or not a 12 Month contract will be avaliable on launch day? I don't want this post to end in a "bun-fight" like others have - we just want to know. I have been an o2 customer for many years and I don't mind paying a little more for the iphone if it means I'm not in an 18-24 month contract - This should make no difference to a company, we will pay the premium on the handset for getting a 12 month contract. I really don't want to leave o2 but I really think this is the worst treatment of customers I have ever seen - It shouldn't be this difficult to sort it out and get some info out when all other networks are managing it.......should it?
Anonymous

Re: FAO O2 Please advise! - iphone 5 12 Month Contracts

@Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone from o2 please let all of your customers know categorically whether or not a 12 Month contract will be avaliable on launch day? I don't want this post to end in a "bun-fight" like others have - we just want to know. I have been an o2 customer for many years and I don't mind paying a little more for the iphone if it means I'm not in an 18-24 month contract - This should make no difference to a company, we will pay the premium on the handset for getting a 12 month contract. I really don't want to leave o2 but I really think this is the worst treatment of customers I have ever seen - It shouldn't be this difficult to sort it out and get some info out when all other networks are managing it.......should it?

The Blue  - 7th Question down.

Q: Is it available on 12 or 18 month tariffs?

A: The iPhone 5 is only available on 24 month tariffs.

Anonymous

I have the same predicament, unless O2 offers a 12 month contract, i will be jumping ship over to Vodaphone (to my knowledge the only provider offering 12 month tariffs at the moment).

Anonymous

But that only states that the iPhone 5 is currently only available on 24 months, I want to see a statement from o2 saying, there will now be any 12 or 18 month contracts at launch.
Anonymous

Bruno_P wrote:
But that only states that the iPhone 5 is currently only available on 24 months, I want to see a statement from o2 saying, there will now be any 12 or 18 month contracts at launch.

not*

Anonymous

The reason theres no statement to say 12/18 month contracts are going to happen is that its not currently planned.  Whether those plans change in the run-up to the launch is anyone's guess.  I'd suspect not though.  Looks like 24 month only.

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt its suddenly going to change at launch.

Its being discussed here - http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/12-month-contact/td-p/288304

Anonymous

My point is that it doesn't make sense - other operators (Vodafone) can do it, T-mobile / Orange have 18 months yet o2 can only offer 24 months. I, like many don't want a 24 month contract so why don't o2 bang £100 on the handset price and offer a 12 month iphone tarrif like i'm already on and have been since the iphone 3?

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

The reason theres no statement to say 12/18 month contracts are going to happen is that its not currently planned.  Whether those plans change in the run-up to the launch is anyone's guess.  I'd suspect not though.  Looks like 24 month only.

But there lies the problem, if O2 don't come out and confirm that there wont be any 12/18 month tariffs at launch, people (like myself) will queue up on Friday on the hope that they release does tariffs on launch day.

So if o2 just came out and said, definitely no 12/18 contracts at launch, that would save some people (a lot judging by the activity of the o2 forum) from queuing up.

As it stands I have an order for an iPhone 5 from apple, and will reduce my contract to simplicity, but if I’m made to queue up from (silly o’clock) and I don’t get a 12 month tariff because of a lack of assertiveness from O2, I’ll more then likely leave o2 for one of the other providers.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But there lies the problem, if O2 don't come out and confirm that there wont be any 12/18 month tariffs at launch, people (like myself) will queue up on Friday on the hope that they release does tariffs on launch day.

So if o2 just came out and said, definitely no 12/18 contracts at launch, that would save some people (a lot judging by the activity of the o2 forum) from queuing up.

As it stands I have an order for an iPhone 5 from apple, and will reduce my contract to simplicity, but if I’m made to queue up from (silly o’clock) and I don’t get a 12 month tariff because of a lack of assertiveness from O2, I’ll more then likely leave o2 for one of the other providers.

They say that the iPhone 5 is only available on 24 months contact. O2 have already said this. I don't think they would want to risk annoying people more by allowing preorders for 24 months  and then accepting new orders for 12/18 on launch day, do you?