cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F+F Discount text from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a text message from O2 stating: if you're thinking of upgrading to a new iphone make sure you do it at one of our O2 shops on the high street. Its the only way you'll be able to keep your O2 friends and family discount.

My question is... When I do eventually upgrade does this message just mean if I upgrade to the iphone 5 I lose my discount? What if I was considering moving to an s3 would my discount be affected then?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
The F&F discount can only be applied in an O2 store, not online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Its just saying that you have to upgrade with O2 to retain your discount, ie you can't have the discount if you upgrade through CPW, Phones4U, Tesco etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The account was opened in an o2 shop... is this a generic message to all of those that have this discount? i normally prefer to do my upgrade through the phone

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
The F&F discount can only be applied in an O2 store, not online.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

And it seemingly does not apply to the iPhone 5, I think the discount that O2 staff get still counts, but not the F&F done through outside companies.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I work for Dixons Retail and I have the 30% Channel Partner discount applied to my iPhone 5 tariff.
I upgraded my phone on launch day at my local O2 store. Initially, I was told the discount wasn't available for the iPhone 5. However, I received a call a few days later from the sales colleague who processed my upgrade saying that I could have it applied.

I just had to visit the store with my ID and it was taken care of. I got a text from O2 a week later saying it was done.
Message 6 of 6