Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Every Incoming Call Shows No Caller ID or Unknown Caller

[ Edited ]

I received a new iPhone XR upgrade. Had to do a sim swap because the old sim didn’t work in the new phone. Now every call received shows Unknown Caller or No Caller ID, even from numbers in the contacts.
Tried resetting network settings but no luck.

O2 customer service thinks the phone is faulty but the O2 store thinks it’s a sim problem.

The same sim and another iPhone has the same problem. Another sim in the same iPhone does work.

I’m now in the second new sim after another sim swap today to try & resolve it. The O2 store have also sent out new carrier settings which they say can take up to 24 hours to activate.

The option in the settings for Show Caller ID is greyed out and can't be changed. 

Anyone else had the same problem and how was it fixed?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,919

Re: Every Incoming Call Shows No Caller ID or Unknown Caller

@stphnwrd 

Sounds more like a setting on your account. 
You will have this problem if the plist option is not selected. 
Call customer service and ask them to check. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. I spoke with a few people in customer service this morning and got passed around a bit. No one seems to know what the plist option is but I was told the number is enabled for caller id. The issue has been escalated to tech support so I’ll post back when I know anything more.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

So the Show Caller ID option can now be set but still all incoming calls are showing as No caller ID or Unknown. And no further response from O2. Not sure what the next move is. They keep trying to say I should do another sim swap or I should reset the phone again, all of which I’ve done multiple times.

If they can’t fix this would I have reasonable grounds to move the number to another network and terminate my contract early?

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,919

@stphnwrd 

You would have to go through the official complaints process first to see if they could help before they may consider letting you out of contract,, however, I'll tag @EmilieT first to see if she can get any traction with O2 for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

That’s really helpful. Thank you for your reply. I’m going to call them again tomorrow to ask if the tech support team has made any progress.
Highlighted
Former Staff

Good morning @stphnwrd, and sorry to hear you're still having some trouble with this one! I can certainly get someone on my end to look into it, I'll need a few more details first so watch out for a Private Message shortly Smiley Happy

Thanks for the mention @MI5!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature