Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim iPhone

Thewhodoctor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an iPhone XS which is ready for esim. Can you please tell me when o2 will be able to supply a QR code for to have an extra number. It would be great if it’s now. There are bound to be loads on iPhones XS and XR by now. Awaiting in anticipation
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Thewhodoctor and @aldaweb, I hope you're having a good start of the week so far! We've just shared some good news about eSIM support today, you can read more on it here Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Thewhodoctor wrote:
I have an iPhone XS which is ready for esim. Can you please tell me when o2 will be able to supply a QR code for to have an extra number. It would be great if it’s now. There are bound to be loads on iPhones XS and XR by now. Awaiting in anticipation

@Thewhodoctorthis isn't O2 you are talking to, it's a community forum. I have tagged one of the staff members who may know the answer.

@Chris_K?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Thewhodoctor If you do a search within the community you will see that there are several threads on this subject, all pointing to O2 not supporting esim at this time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s not supported yet
Message 4 of 14

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Thewhodoctor, and thank you for your query  slight_smile The below is the latest information on eSIM at the moment, and of course as and when we have more updates we will update you guys:

We're excited for eSIM and can't wait for our customers to use it. As and when any devices go live with eSIM technology on our network, we'll let everyone know.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 14

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@EmilieT  As O2 is now offering the Apple Watch which carries an eSIM and according to the pages on the website the eSIM is available for business customers, why the delay for consumers? The technology is obviously there on the backend.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143434 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@aldaweb 

It is available for consumers but not businesses on the Apple Watch so makes no sense?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whole thing has been confusing from start to now
Message 8 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Thewhodoctor and @aldaweb, I hope you're having a good start of the week so far! We've just shared some good news about eSIM support today, you can read more on it here Smiley Happy

signature

Message 9 of 14

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT  I’ll be watching out for it going live.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 10 of 14