cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Could not activate EDGE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since this morning I've been getting the error message "Could not activate EDGE" whenever I try to activate the internet (I don't have wi-fi access where I work). Up until today it has been fine.
Is this just a temporary outage on O2's network (in Manchester, if that makes a difference)?

I've tried rebooting my iPhone, resetting the network settings, turning airplane mode on and off, to no avail.

Anyone else getting this message?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been happening here in London too since I first tried it at 6:30am.
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here in Glasgow also.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I'm somewhat relieved. (And annoyed as I was actually going to make use of the maps today)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I'm somewhat relieved. (And annoyed as I was actually going to make use of the maps today)

Mee too, i tried in Cambridge and now in London, still not working. I rang o2 and they werent aware of any problems and advised me to reset my network settings, which didnt do anything at all!
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
EDGE access in Manchester is available again (though I had to go in and out of airplane mode to reset the connection). Maybe they've just been messing with the network this morning.
grin
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
No edge in Ipswich either for about 3 hours.... and Im almost next to the cell site...

But came back on 10 mins ago..
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
EDGE has just come back in Glasgow now. grin
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still not back in London. 😞

Edit - scratch that, put it in Airplane mode and then switched it back on and it works. grin
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaaaaaaand... it's gone again. 😐

Clearly it's a bit flakey today.
Message 10 of 14