Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Anonymous

Error - Could not activate EDGE

Since this morning I've been getting the error message "Could not activate EDGE" whenever I try to activate the internet (I don't have wi-fi access where I work). Up until today it has been fine.
Is this just a temporary outage on O2's network (in Manchester, if that makes a difference)?

I've tried rebooting my iPhone, resetting the network settings, turning airplane mode on and off, to no avail.

Anyone else getting this message?
Anonymous

It's been happening here in London too since I first tried it at 6:30am.
Anonymous

Same here in Glasgow also.
Anonymous

Well, I'm somewhat relieved. (And annoyed as I was actually going to make use of the maps today)
Anonymous

Well, I'm somewhat relieved. (And annoyed as I was actually going to make use of the maps today)

Mee too, i tried in Cambridge and now in London, still not working. I rang o2 and they werent aware of any problems and advised me to reset my network settings, which didnt do anything at all!
Anonymous

EDGE access in Manchester is available again (though I had to go in and out of airplane mode to reset the connection). Maybe they've just been messing with the network this morning.
Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

No edge in Ipswich either for about 3 hours.... and Im almost next to the cell site...

But came back on 10 mins ago..
Anonymous

EDGE has just come back in Glasgow now. Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Still not back in London. Smiley Sad

Edit - scratch that, put it in Airplane mode and then switched it back on and it works. Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Aaaaaaaand... it's gone again. Smiley Indifferent

Clearly it's a bit flakey today.