cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egypt

Anonymous
Not applicable
Travelling to Egypt next week , will my iPhone 6 work or do I have notify 02 that I will be travelling there ?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

It will work but the costs are very high in Egypt. Have a look at this link and scroll down to the 'Rest of the World' Zone 3 and 6 countries.

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel/standard-charges

You would be well advised to turn off voicemaIL..mobile data and data roaming. Use Wifi wherever you can. This way you can stay in touch with family and friends via Skype, whatsapp or messenger (as long as those people you want to get in touch with have the same apps)

PS It isn't necessary to let O2 know you will be out of the country but I have to admit the first time I went abroad I did contact them. (I didn't want any issues) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

It will work but the costs are very high in Egypt. Have a look at this link and scroll down to the 'Rest of the World' Zone 3 and 6 countries.

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel/standard-charges

You would be well advised to turn off voicemaIL..mobile data and data roaming. Use Wifi wherever you can. This way you can stay in touch with family and friends via Skype, whatsapp or messenger (as long as those people you want to get in touch with have the same apps)

PS It isn't necessary to let O2 know you will be out of the country but I have to admit the first time I went abroad I did contact them. (I didn't want any issues) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for the advice
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

If you are monthly contract download TuGo and use it over wifi in Egypt to use your UK allowances.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

also use free messenger apps such as FB messenger, whatsapp & viber

Message 5 of 5