Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sim

ylbeaumont
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Purchased a pay monthly sim followed by an esim for my Apple Watch. Was told the data would get used from my pay monthly sim. Trying to set up esim for my watch but only giving me the option to pay extra £5 for this. Any ideas please?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @ylbeaumont 

You have to buy a separate data plan at a cost of £5.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch 

Edited to add info from the above link....

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @ylbeaumont 

You have to buy a separate data plan at a cost of £5.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch 

Edited to add info from the above link....

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ylbeaumont 

The watch will work as a connected device without the watch data plan as long as you have your phone with you 

You only need the watch plan to use it as a standalone device.

Just connect it through Bluetooth and WiFi 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Jsw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi trying to set up my watch. Received my e sim. When I go onto my watch app on my iphone, I set up mobile data' isn't showing? Any help really appreciated as I've spent 3 hours speaking to various O2 personnel trying to sort it!  Thanks.

Message 4 of 4