cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 signed me up to an exclusive offer with the iphone for 14 quid a month for 24 months and then changed the t&c's without informing me.

Isn't it funny how o2 getaway with increasing the tarriffs due to inflation and then offer a better deal to new customer signing up to o2. What a bunch of con artists they really are...Firstly they signed me up to a deal then charge inflation, then give new o2 customers 200 mins(double mine), unlimited txts and 250mb of date(triple mine) and chagre the new o2 customers 1 quid less per month and give them the exact same handset and charge me 25 quid for the same deal. So i am paying for o2 inflation so that they cantreat existing customer like trash and new customers much better than us (until they get them in contract that is.

NEVER SIGN UP TO O2 WITH THE IPHONE AS THEY THEN FIND A WAY TO CHARGE YOU INFLATION THAT DOES NOT EXIST IF YOUR A NEW CUSTOMER.

Worst about it is i have been with o2 for 15 years.

GOODBYE O2 WHEN MY CONTRACTS OVER IN 1 MONTH.

Signed;

another ripped off customer.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

If your contract finishes in a month you need to give 30 day's notice that you do not wish to renew. Otherwise your contract will become a one month rolling contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Signed;

another ripped off customer.

Signed;

another disillusional customer wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Do you write to your local supermarket every time they have a price reduction?

It's called business, tariffs will always fluctuate and it's fair to assume you were happy with the deal when you signed up for it.

Perhaps when you're older you might understand.

Everybody will pay the price increase and if you're looking for a company that hasn't done this you won't find one, and in some cases they have done it more than once.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 13

Bambino
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

If your contract finishes in a month you need to give 30 day's notice that you do not wish to renew. Otherwise your contract will become a one month rolling contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every year new contracts are put out there and are available for NEW and EXISTING customers.  Existing customers can get the deal if they're "out-of-contract". Seems like you're not out of contract yet which is why you're not getting access to that deal now.  You will, when you're eligible.

But no, you're not happy because you've noticed it now.  Doesn't matter that you signed a legally binding contract at the time to pay what you're doing now.  Also doesn't matter that at the time you would have got a deal that someone else didn't because they then were in the position that you are now.  Of course not, how silly of O2.

And I'm sure that you're the type of customer that would buy a car then complain to them 6 months later because they were selling it at a lower price.  You'd also moan at Tesco too for daring to sell a loaf cheaper today than they did yesterday, yes? 

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Happy for 23 months then totally lose the plot over an approx increase of 45p on your £14.00. Welcome to the real world, EE have just annoinced price increases too.

Message 6 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

On top of all that they couldn't even spell "liars" which makes their user name look a little silly!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

txt speek wuld rely bin da icin on da cake bruv!

Message 9 of 13

Bambino
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

txt speek wuld rely bin da icin on da cake bruv!

Oh please, Pablo, don't you start with all that. It's bad enough when I can't decipher what  people who are trying to write in English are saying. There's a huge button that says 'Spell Check'. Why don't people use it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 13