cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading iPhone 5 Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've noticed all the contracts are the same just the price of the phone.

I originally took out the £41 a month contract (Price of phone £149.99)

Is there anything stopping me from downgrading my contract to the £26 a month at the end of the month?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only tariff you will be able to drop down to Is the £36 as Jonnie said above O2 sneak it in the small print.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Yes, you can only downgrade after 12 months and then just one step.

Don't hold me to this but on the tariffs you can't downgrade at all that's what I have been told please tell me if I am wrong

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Don't hold me to this but on the tariffs you can't downgrade at all that's what I have been told please tell me if I am wrong

You can after the 12 months as jonsie said although you can only drop  down 1 tariff. You dont reliase until you check the small print.

Message 5 of 7

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

You're not wrong looking at term 3 of the general terms and conditions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms

Not all that surprising since O2 have been reducing people's ability to change tariffs for a while now and the majority of O2's tariffs for iphone 5 are identical bar the up front cost for the handset

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethorp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

You're not wrong looking at term 3 of the general terms and conditions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms

Not all that surprising since O2 have been reducing people's ability to change tariffs for a while now and the majority of O2's tariffs for iphone 5 are identical bar the up front cost for the handset

Yep, new rule that came in with 2012 tariffs - unable to downgrade once on them.  You can up your tariff at any time, but not take it down.  

I'm guessing business rationale is closing the loophole where people upgrade on a high tariff to get the phone cheaper, then lower it after the 1/2 way period.  Sneaky customers wink

Message 7 of 7