Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7?

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So when I placed my preorder (and paid off my refresh) this morning I saw that the estimate for the phone delivery would be up to 2 weeks for the Rose Gold plus 256GB (the one I ordered) but now when I go to the store to check whether I picked the right colour (the black really does look nice but I've decided I was right to go for Rose Gold) it says orders will be delivered on the 16th ... so those who preordered this morning have to wait 2 weeks but those who preorder right now don't? I'm confused :Z

Message 1 of 1,355
1,354 REPLIES 1,354

ToneMCFC
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 49 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just noticed on original confirmation it says "we'll aim to have your order ready for 23/9".
128gb iPhone7 JetBlack
Message 561 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't get a date on my original email confirmation.
Message 562 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
My original email said 16th so I would ignore the date on the email
Message 563 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok just got off live chat and have been assured the black will be delivered tomorrow but late as minor delay....

SH: Congratulations,your handsets are waiting for dispatch and you will get them tomorrow
O2: 16th Sep is the date
GLENN: Is that both ?
GLENN: But the black one received a text saying delay ??
O2: Its for silver and for black,there will be minor delay
GLENN: Id rather been told if it isn't ...... Rather than wait for it and be disappointed
GLENN: So silver will be here but not the black? Even tho we ordered on the 9th for black ?
O2: That is not the case
O2: Silver as well as black will be there on same day
O2: There is minor delay in black
GLENN: Both here tomorrow?
O2: Yes that is correct
GLENN: But u said delay on black?
O2: I said it was minor delay
O2: Its in terms of hours
GLENN: Ok so will be delivered late tomorrow?
O2: Yes,that is correct
O2: Thanks for your understanding
GLENN: What is the reason for delay?
O2: Start getting excited to these
GLENN: Have the black phones just come in slightly later?
GLENN: Will they be delivered together?
O2: Silver will be delivered before black
GLENN: Ok which courier is delivering them?
GLENN: Haven't recieved a tracking text
O2: Its being delivered by Royal UK mail as well as DPD
O2: You will get that late tonight
GLENN: Ok so the black will defiantly be here tomorrow?
O2: Its 100% sure
GLENN: Ok ty
O2: I wonder why you worry so much
O2: Just be relaxed
O2: Its all working fine
GLENN: Hmmmm we will see and thank you
O2: welcome

However not sure if he was having fun with me lol

Got transcript so if it isn't lol I'll find O2 and tell them off !!!

Message 564 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to order the Jet black 128gb 7 and it said available from 23/9 at the time, so went for the matt black instead. So anyone ordering the jet black version shouldn't be surprised as they told you this before you ordered it, whilst the matt black was "available for 16/9 delivery"

Message 565 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

So many people got that text. Twitter is full of moans about it. Can't believe they have underestimated by that many! 

Message 566 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's a delay with them getting them all together. But they have assured me it will come but later in day.
Message 567 of 1,355

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So many people got that text. Twitter is full of moans about it. Can't believe they have underestimated by that many! 

they didnt underestimate, apple have massively under delivered on stock, its the same with all the operators, they all have the same complaints, O2 gave dates on what they were promised, but the promised delivery has been short of what was expected

Message 568 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But even people who got that text are now being told they will get it tomorrow, or have actually received a dispatch notification after the text-of-death

Message 569 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just spoken to 'lack of' customer services and they have clearly stated that they have not recieved enoough stock / they will update a weblink with the infomation, but they are not going to honor the delievry dates of the 16th. Looking on the websites it would not be a surprise to find on Tuesday that orders will not be fulfilled intil at least October 7th....

I have since told then I will be cancelling 2 Iphone contracts based on this.

Whats annoying is that I spoke to the same people earlier in the day to be told that it would be availble fro pick tomorrow - so blantant lie.

Message 570 of 1,355