Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7?

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So when I placed my preorder (and paid off my refresh) this morning I saw that the estimate for the phone delivery would be up to 2 weeks for the Rose Gold plus 256GB (the one I ordered) but now when I go to the store to check whether I picked the right colour (the black really does look nice but I've decided I was right to go for Rose Gold) it says orders will be delivered on the 16th ... so those who preordered this morning have to wait 2 weeks but those who preorder right now don't? I'm confused :Z

Message 1 of 1,355
1,354 REPLIES 1,354

Anonymous
Not applicable
Matt black 32gb
Message 341 of 1,355

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Guys I've rang o2 customer service. On his system it says it's been dispatched from the warehouse and will be delivered by UK mail. Nothing on my o2 account etc as of yet but I am now a little hopeful. I suggest everyone rings up and checks if it details 'dispatched'on their system. If so, you're probably going to get it tomorrow.

Ordered iPhone 7 plus 128gb in black.
Confirmation email 0810.
Message 342 of 1,355

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was going to order the Jetblack but it said at time of ordering that stock would not be available until 23rd Sep so I went for the standard black instead. 

Frankly for a communications company their comms are diabolical. For anyone who pre-ordered they should have updated via email already when it will be delivered or if out of stock 

they have to rely on apple delivering the stock that has been promised, and if that hasnt happened, then they will have promised a delivery that wont happen, hence the reason doing it this way... they wont have received the stock until today, so they will now be allocating the stock and the notifications will be sent out later

Message 343 of 1,355

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@BigNick wrote:
Guys I've rang o2 customer service. On his system it says it's been dispatched from the warehouse and will be delivered by UK mail. Nothing on my o2 account etc as of yet but I am now a little hopeful. I suggest everyone rings up and checks if it details 'dispatched'on their system. If so, you're probably going to get it tomorrow.

Ordered iPhone 7 plus 128gb in black.
Confirmation email 0810.

yes lets clog the phone lines, why cant people just be patient?

Message 344 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeevster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not life changing I agree but highly frustrating.

I dont think I would be anywhere near as annoyed if the £60 upfront fee wasnt taken from my account and I had the option to simply pay it in store when I could pick up.

As others have said taking money from people before giving them the warning of a delay is very dishonest in my personal opinion.

So IF there was a delay, and no one knows if there is, and it is outside of O2's control, how is that dishonest, unfortunate, but not dishonest

I understand were you are coming from but I do think o2 is at fault here.

Unfortunate would be taking the money and then letting your customers know there is an issue with the delivery date due to a stock issue. Dishonest would be taking the money and providing no updates what so ever as to when you will get the product, and when asked if there is an issue not giving a straight forward answer or providing contradicting information.

I do believe not all the fault lies with o2, I presume apple have pulled back a huge number of stock to cover their own sales but for the customer service of o2 not to issue any sort of offical statement on this is a bit of a shambles.

1 message from an official o2 staff member to clear to air about all of this and give some form of an update would be extremely helpful.

Also please accept my apologies if I have come across as cheeky or rude, not at all what i was intending.

Message 345 of 1,355

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jeevster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not life changing I agree but highly frustrating.

I dont think I would be anywhere near as annoyed if the £60 upfront fee wasnt taken from my account and I had the option to simply pay it in store when I could pick up.

As others have said taking money from people before giving them the warning of a delay is very dishonest in my personal opinion.

So IF there was a delay, and no one knows if there is, and it is outside of O2's control, how is that dishonest, unfortunate, but not dishonest

I understand were you are coming from but I do think o2 is at fault here.

Unfortunate would be taking the money and then letting your customers know there is an issue with the delivery date due to a stock issue. Dishonest would be taking the money and providing no updates what so ever as to when you will get the product, and when asked if there is an issue not giving a straight forward answer or providing contradicting information.

I do believe not all the fault lies with o2, I presume apple have pulled back a huge number of stock to cover their own sales but for the customer service of o2 not to issue any sort of offical statement on this is a bit of a shambles.

1 message from an official o2 staff member to clear to air about all of this and give some form of an update would be extremely helpful.

Also please accept my apologies if I have come across as cheeky or rude, not at all what i was intending.

im sure O2 will, once the stock has been allocated, the notifications will be issued, and that will either be a yes you are getting your phone no you will not be... either way im sure o2 will do the best they can... as i said in an earlier post, this happens every year...

Message 346 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

im sure O2 will, once the stock has been allocated, the notifications will be issued, and that will either be a yes you are getting your phone no you will not be... either way im sure o2 will do the best they can... as i said in an earlier post, this happens every year...

To be honest I havent had this experence before so If I can ask you if o2 notify their customers if there is a delay the same way they would let them know that their product has been dispatched? For exmaple via text?

Message 347 of 1,355

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes they would, although I have not known there be a delay in previous years, but o2 in my experience would notify you if there was a problem
Message 348 of 1,355

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
On top of that o2 are now aware of stock issues but are STILL taking money and preorders.
Message 349 of 1,355

BigNick
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Jeevster
One should not call o2 in fear of one clogging up o2's lines? What silliness is this? It's o2 CUSTOMER SERVICE kid not 999!
Message 350 of 1,355