Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7?

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So when I placed my preorder (and paid off my refresh) this morning I saw that the estimate for the phone delivery would be up to 2 weeks for the Rose Gold plus 256GB (the one I ordered) but now when I go to the store to check whether I picked the right colour (the black really does look nice but I've decided I was right to go for Rose Gold) it says orders will be delivered on the 16th ... so those who preordered this morning have to wait 2 weeks but those who preorder right now don't? I'm confused :Z

Message 1 of 1,355
1,354 REPLIES 1,354

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know we said not to do this, but just been talking with live chat and I didn't like what I heard. 

O2: I'm sorry, your order is out of stock at the moment. So once we get a new stock from Apple. We will able to deliver your phone. As soon as we get a new stock update, you will get a email update with the delivery date and time.
O2: As there is a big demand for Iphone 7, there is a delay in getting the stock from manufacture.
O2: As it is a per-order, your order is already on priority.
O2: So, once we get a phone stock, your order will be dispatch on same day.
O2: So that there will be no delay from our warehouse to make the deliver as soon as possible.
O2: As there is a delay from manufacture, we are waiting for the stock from them.
ME: But o2 must have known how many they were getting for release day in advance?
O2: Yes, we do and still waiting for the stock shipment from manufacture
ME: And there is no idea when it will arrive?
O2: As estimated for the stock, we are still waiting from the manufacture.
O2: We have got a word from manufacture, it should be within a week. But we are pushing it to get more quicker for our customers.
O2: The order list will be first come, first serve.
O2: As you placed the per-order, you will get phone before other customers.

Read it and weep, if you believe it. 

Message 301 of 1,355

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I feel it's very dishonest of O2 to keep taking preorders too if they know they have a stock issue and can't fulfill within the time limits, specifically for the people who have already pre-ordered!

Message 302 of 1,355

StevenB14
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They also shouldn't be taking money until they can fulfill the order.

Message 303 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not trolling. honestly what my email said
Message 304 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been informed by Live Chat (I know...) that my 7+ 128 Black will be ready to be picked up from store on October 21st....... 

I ordered my phone online at 9:50am online.

Message 305 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-ordering means you order the phone prior so you can ensure you get it for release day. If I had known O2 would be this bad I would've tried my luck on the day. Extremely stupid.

Message 306 of 1,355

KingKojo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 15.09.14.pnglol

Message 307 of 1,355

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Exactly! Preorder everywhere else means getting it for release date. Not 6 months down the line.

Message 308 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have just been informed by Live Chat (I know...) that my 7+ 128 Black will be ready to be picked up from store on October 21st....... 

I ordered my phone online at 9:50am online.

We were told the same thing via email but then told by o2 to ignore this as it was an error. We pre ordering I was told launch day.

If the date is correct then they have been very misleading to customers, money should never have been taken from people unless they could guarantee delivery.

Message 309 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Preordering with O2 is literally like when you subscribe for stock updates for an item except you pay £50 to be subscribed.

Message 310 of 1,355