cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby but even if people ordered with the "within 1 week" (im gessing from launch) that ends tomorrow ..... so they should also be getting those updates. No??

Message 861 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We have no chance of getting any sort of refund from O2......

Well you could get a full refund on the new iphone order, but then you're left without a phone and if you go anywhere else are at the back of the queue. They have us by the balls.

I got £10 credit on my O2 account.

Also, they do not have you by the balls, Apple stores ARE getting stock. I suggest you refresh the Apple Reservation page regularly because that's what I did and reserved two (the ones O2 claim to still have a shortage of). I am leaving O2, i've taken out an EE Sim only deal, and whilst I have never had an issue with them before this, I don't have any faith in them anymore when it comes to their customer service. So i'm taking my business elsewhere! Simple.

Message 862 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby 

Thats not true as i pre ordered for launch day delivery and i am yet to receive a single update txt or email and my order has not moved from "in progress"

online chat have told my twice that i would receive a txt that never came and twice told me that i will receive my handset by the end of this week !

Message 863 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, the update line you mentioned refers to customers who pre-ordered for launch day delivery.

For customers who ordered with delayed delivery (eg, when it said up to 1 week or longer), we’ll aim to deliver within that timescale, be in touch with any updates, and notify you once the order has been dispatched. I have reported on how this line has been perceived by some customers however, so thanks for flagging that!

When I placed my pre order it was for launch day delivery, 16th September. I have received no notification or update of any kind from o2.

To clarify, where the heck are my updates???

Message 864 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We have no chance of getting any sort of refund from O2......

Well you could get a full refund on the new iphone order, but then you're left without a phone and if you go anywhere else are at the back of the queue. They have us by the balls.

I got £10 credit on my O2 account.

Also, they do not have you by the balls, Apple stores ARE getting stock. I suggest you refresh the Apple Reservation page regularly because that's what I did and reserved two (the ones O2 claim to still have a shortage of). I am leaving O2, i've taken out an EE Sim only deal, and whilst I have never had an issue with them before this, I don't have any faith in them anymore when it comes to their customer service. So i'm taking my business elsewhere! Simple.

I've checked istock a few times and never seen a 7+ JB 128GB but im not exaclty refreshing it like mad. If you go to any other mobile provider they have lead times of November for that model.

Message 865 of 3,109

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and @Anonymous, sorry to hear that you did not get a text! I'll report on that also to the team. Please continue to wait for an update via your MyO2. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 866 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stupidly bad customer service skills on show by all at o2!

Even a child can do a "send to all" message

Message 867 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby your previous update isn't true - I ordered with a timeframe of delivery within 2 weeks, meaning my order should arrive tomorrow, I've had no updates from O2, however, the customer services team have just advised me that my order is out of stock (despite the o2 update page saying it was only the black models that had delivery issues) and that it will be 5-6 weeks before I will receive it.

Message 868 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

on ‎22-09-2016 12:17

think you have more chance of pigs flying past you.

the 25% extra data is worthless, how many people would actually use it?

> I would say it depends on how concerned @Toby is about customer retention.

I've been an O2 customer for a very long time and have never been inclined to leave. As things stand I'm very unhappy about being ignored and am looking around for a company that has managed this launch better than O2. After the dust settles I will see what deals they can do me and my family.

If O2 think they can come out of this without some sort of charge, and still keep all their customers then they're not connected to the market at all.

Message 869 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would probably follow suit, but I don't have a brilliant credit rating so feel id be refused a payment plan by Apple... I tried to switch to EE from O2 when the iPhone 6 was released, alas they didn't accept me and think I'm actually stuck with O2 as an upgrade doesn't require a credit check. Just a side note for those doing the upgrade program with Apple. In 12 months when you go to upgrade they will carry out another credit check on you before you upgrade, some people might not get accepted again and also it's another search on your file

I had a similar situation. I took a pay monthly sim from Vodafone, after 3 months you can upgrade to a full contract & new phone, thats how i originally got my 6s.

Message 870 of 3,109