cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text Received on Tue: No

Device: Plus 256GB Rose Gold

When Preordered: 09/09 14:46 (Confirmation email, not 100% what actual time it was ordered)

Message 451 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It has been confirmed in-store that the clock starts ticking from the launch date (16th). 

If your order said "Up to 2 weeks" then it's 2 weeks from Friday 16th... not the 9th. 

Hmmmm my order was processed on 09/09 when the site was showing "Up to 2 weeks", and I have a click and collect date of 23/09.

Message 452 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous thanks, as I suspected.

@Anonymous I'm not holding my breath either, to be honest. Only "glimmer" of hope I have is that my mate works for O2 (not in Sales or Retention, lucky for him!) and he said the delivery estimate quoted on the email will be the estimate they'll try and stick to. So even if it says "up to 6 weeks" now, that's for people who order now; if it was "up to 2 weeks" on the order confirmation, then it should still be the same.

Obviously, that all changes if they are struggling this badly to get stock updates from Apple. I don't know what to believe at the moment.

To add further issues, I've had to extend my Recycle for another seven days to keep the same price they'd quoted me, but that expires a week from today and I'm not confident I'll have the new device by then. So I either have to let it go and put it through Recycle again, or go without a phone for an indeterminate amount of time.
Message 453 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried to get an update via live chat as I have had no text or email of any form but the payment for my handset has been taken. Was taken through a security protocol where I had to confirm various details including my last upgrade date, which I took from My O2, only to be informed it was incorrect. I was then told "dont worry about it, many people have had their text confirmations" - evidently I haven't, which is the entire reason I am contacting you!!!

They could save themselves an entire world of pain by simply putting up a page that says model, colour, size, likely wait. Then direct folk to that page everytime they had a query. 

Been with O2 since 1999. Ironically I had a part time job as a CS advisor back then. Wont be upgrading with them again. If they think so little of you to say "dont worry about it" then I think I will be taking my business elsewhere. 

Message 454 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby Can you please find out why, what looks to be most of us, are not receiving update text or emails from O2.  Myself included.

Message 455 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous i was told by recycle that if i dont send my phone within the 14 days of the original order, i can still send it in any time when im ready to do so and i'll just get the latest price for my phone, so you shouldnt have to re-do the recycle order
Message 456 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby

If there's one bit of feedback you can take away from the community, please make it that the o2 live chat gurus should never comment on deliveries. Just stop them lying to us. That seems to be lighting a few fuses around here.
Message 457 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous good to know, thanks for that. I guess you just lose the price promise they've given you if you don't send it within the allotted timescales, but looking at it this morning I'd only receive £7 less, which I can live with.
Message 458 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it that EE are speaking about having received a shipment in from Apple yesterday, but O2 seem to have not had a similar shipment? Do Apple hate O2 or something? Or do EE just appreciate their customers more and are trying harder?

Message 459 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just asked CS why myself among many others don't seem to be receiving any text updates despite their being a statement from O2 saying all those effected have been notified.

The response was simply - You will receive a text with your eta delivery date by the end of the day (i received this same response on Friday but still did not receive a text)

They then stated that O2 were receivng stock from Apple this week and orders would despatch in order of priority....

So in other words 'we havent got a clue'

Great stuff!

Message 460 of 3,109