cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. I did ask them already to do me a deal on an ipad pro - the answer was a definate no. I might push this a bit more once I actually get my phone
Message 1501 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like everyone else pre-ordered on 9th for 7+.  Paid £30 1month buyout on top of upfront phone costs.  Surely I should be entitled to most of the £30 buyout to be refunded as I technically have not upgraded 1month early??  Probably not as there probably is a T&C somewhere ot screw up that train of thought.

Message 1502 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

This debacle will hit some if not all providers in the preverbial pocket. It will be interesting to see if they have insurance for this kind of ****** up by the likes of Apple and Samsung. O2's offer of 25% extra data allowance (up to 7.5gb) for 6 months is a reasonable offer but us, the customers, really ought to get more, particularly if the phones don't appear until November as some have been told! Shocked 

My question is this, how many of the iPhone using O2 customers will still be just that and see the extra data offer? I will stick around as, this shambles aside, I have really enjoyed being an O2 user but what about the rest of you?Bouncy

Message 1503 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I have been with O2 for years and to be fair I have never had an issue with them. In fact i'll go as far to say that their customer service has been great in the past.

They have really dropped the ball this time around though. Delays happen, sure but they have handled the communication of this extremely badly. Lie after lie has really tarnished their reputation and I will not be surprised to see many people leave O2 because of it.

They dont seem to be putting up much of a fight though; they are actually suggesting for people to cancel in some case rather than offer other incentives to placate them and keep their custom.

The mind boggles!

Message 1504 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
I plan to stick around too, I expected major problems with delivery, it was widely publicised in the media so nothing new. Disappointed in the lack of updates and information, was told my CS that they have deliveries arriving this week (7+ 128 MB) but I fear that won't be the case.
Message 1505 of 3,109

Leeds6
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope o2 gives us a better update of what is going on with our orders. I think they should pay our up front fees for the phone 

Message 1506 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just made my daily call to CS as i get no updates by text or email. Lady on the phone just said ill send you what we know by email. Below is said email.

What?s happening?
When iPhone 7 & 7 Plus went on sale last week we let you know there
wasn?t enough stock to keep up with demand due to a market-wide
shortage.

While the stock situation is improving, following our latest delivery
from Apple, we don?t have sufficient stock to cover all customers who
pre-ordered with an expected delivery date of Friday 23 September. We?ll
be letting these customers know that there will be a delay to their
order.

We?re continuing to update our iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Help & Support pages at
www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/iphone-offers to provide customers with
the latest information.

What does this mean for these customers?
Customers who were given a delivery date of Friday 23 September but
won?t receive their device as we?ve not yet received the stock from
Apple will receive this SMS from 10am on Friday morning:

?Hello. We are sorry to say that we have not yet received your new
iPhone. We realise how frustrating this news will be but there?s been a
market-wide delay in receiving stock. We're working to get your new
iPhone to you as soon as we can. Check here for updates http://s.o2.co.uk/fbmX7N2n
We?ve prioritised your order and we?ll be in touch on Tuesday at the
latest.?

We also promised to provide another update to the small number of
customers who were due to receive their device on launch day but are
still waiting. These customers will receive this SMS from 10am on Friday
morning:

?Hello, although the overall stock shortage is now improving, the model
you have chosen is still in incredibly short supply. We are getting new
stock information daily from Apple. We?re really sorry about the
continued wait. We?ll update you again Tuesday, or sooner if we receive
news.?

What do I need to say?
These customers may contact us to ask about the delay. Please apologise
and explain that there?s a market-wide delay in receiving iPhone 7 & 7
Plus stock so we still haven?t received enough devices to be able to
fulfil all pre-orders due on launch day.

Please let the customer know that we realise the disappointment and
annoyance this has caused and reassure them that we?re continuing to
receive regular updates from Apple on future deliveries and we?ll
provide updates as we get confirmation of stock arriving.

Please reassure them that we?ll be holding their place in the queue and
will be getting their device to them as quickly as we can.

What do I need to do?
Continue to look out for further updates here ? we?ll let you know more
as soon as we get information from Apple.

Source: Chris Edwards, Project Manager

Long and short - We have no idea when you're getting your phone.

Message 1507 of 3,109

Othyn
Level 4: Observant
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2's offer of 25% extra data allowance (up to 7.5gb) for 6 months is a reasonable offer but us, the customers, really ought to get more, particularly if the phones don't appear until November as some have been told! Shocked 

My question is this, how many of the iPhone using O2 customers will still be just that and see the extra data offer? I will stick around as, this shambles aside, I have really enjoyed being an O2 user but what about the rest of you?Bouncy

Same. I expected delays and don't mind being patient and waiting.

But, not keeping your customers updated, especially those who are existing customers, is just bad service. I don't mind if it's just an update every other day simply saying: "Nothing yet." or "We are expecting a shipment soon", etc.. as long as there is communication and people are kept informed.

How o2 are currently handling the situation just comes off as shunning your customers, especially at the cost some of us have had to stump up to buy the device or event to exit out of a contract early - in which I will be persuing a refund on as I have now reached the natural end date of the contract and still not had the upgrade processed.

I also think that o2 should do as most services do and charge once the device is dispatched. It certainly shows more integrity and allows people to more fuildly cancel their pre-order if they are not satisfied. Although I can appreciate certain limitations in this as you are entering a contract.

I also think the 'gesture of good will' 25% data for 6 months is a fallacy. I've chosen my tarrif based on my usage, as I'm sure most people have. I'm just not going to use that extra data, it doesn't actually mean anything to me at all. I'm sure most people will be in the same boat. Showing a discounted bill or something that holds value will be a much more gratious than data, but then again, that will hit their bottom line - data won't.

From the perspective of o2 customers, EE have been handling the situation much better, although EE customers may beg to differ. Nothing against o2's service, but their customer service leaves plenty to be desired and is not currently showing it's "award winning" nature.

Message 1508 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

click on that then reserve an iphone,

you will need to check at 6am to get anything and you have to be quicker that quicker, so make sure your logged in and ready to go.

they do update during the day, but not very often.

@Anonymous @Anonymous

Yep I just reserved on there.

There's a script on the UK iphone orders forum on MR that you can run that can check stock every minute or so and let you know when what you want comes into the store you want. Through some bizarre twist, I found out I know the guy who wrote it. I used that. As soon as it said that my phone was available I reserved it using the above link

Message 1509 of 3,109

COX1989
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a quick thought, if my 128 GB Black 7+ is going to be another 6 weeks, surely if i cancelled the order and ordered the 246 GB version, it would be here before the original date. According to the website its only a 4 week wait for the bigger model ?

Message 1510 of 3,109