cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So.... I'm currently on the 24 month refresh contract i took out last year. I'm waiting for my new phone to appear. I paid off my outstanding device plan. If I cancel my pre-order, does that also cancel my current airtime contract, or am I held to that for another 12 months?

As far as i am aware the whole point of O2 refresh is that you are only tied by the device plan and not the airtime.

I have downgraded my airtime plan as i dont see the point in paying for a 20 or 30gb contract (when i didnt use the data) and i can just pay off the contract as you would do anyway on one of the higher plans, sell the phone privately and save some money.

Message 831 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know, the text mentioning that we'd be updated tomorrow "or sooner" could indicate that they are expecting another delivery later today.

Or we're being strung along again. Which, to be honest, is probably more likely.

Message 832 of 3,109

ellharris
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just able to nab a reservation for a 256 7+ in gold at Watford Apple Store by sheer luck, Ian currently waiting on o2 for the 256 + in black but this mornings text pushed me over the cancel with o2 for good. 3 have good sim only deals and are supposedly faster than EE. Since ordering at 8.02 on the 9th I just feel let down
Message 833 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Id leave as well but i just feel the second you do, the very next day, they'll be shipping the phones you want.

After a call with CS yesterday I very nearly cancelled as they said at least 6 weeks and no sign of any stock coming soon... and then at 20:30 last night I get an email saying its on its way, waiting for the delivery now.

As annoying as it is I would stick it out. Things can change at any time!

Message 834 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called O2 and spoke to a nice genuine chap that said my order which is supposed to be in store tomorrow is still "future dated dispatch", so no idea.

He confirmed that my current airtime contract will just go on on a rolling basis if I cancel my order (which he can do and is no problem)

Secured a device at my local Apple store and will be going in to collect it in about an hour. Will then be cancelling my pre-order but will stay on my current airtime contract as, tbh, not had an issue with that side of O2.

Message 835 of 3,109

COX1989
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well done @Anonymous , glad to see your ordeal is finally over, theres hope for the rest of us yet slight_smile

Message 836 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you lucky F..................ellow tongue

Message 837 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well - just phoned Customer services and Got PAC code.

Now just got to get a refund for the order I am cancelling - Done...

Going to pick a sim only deal now to use my new phone.

Message 838 of 3,109

RossP81
  • 43 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ellharris, did you pop into Watford, call or online ? They are my closest store. Thanks
Message 839 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would probably follow suit, but I don't have a brilliant credit rating so feel id be refused a payment plan by Apple... I tried to switch to EE from O2 when the iPhone 6 was released, alas they didn't accept me and think I'm actually stuck with O2 as an upgrade doesn't require a credit check. Just a side note for those doing the upgrade program with Apple. In 12 months when you go to upgrade they will carry out another credit check on you before you upgrade, some people might not get accepted again and also it's another search on your file
Message 840 of 3,109