cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous exactly, thats how ive been looking at it.

I did try asking if recycle will honour prices for longer because the delay is no fault of ours but didnt get anywhere!
Message 461 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

This makes no sense. This is my info:

Text Received on TueNo

Device: Plus 32GB Black

When Preordered: 09/09 10:14 

I Pre-ordered the same device as you but received no text today or the earlier. I often get texts from O2 so i assume im on the list.

So weird

Message 462 of 3,109

kinetiktheory
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Some stats from the wee survey:

Total Respondants: 34
Number that received text today: 7 (6 Blacks and 1 Silver)
Number that didn't receive text today: 27 (7 Jet Black, 17 Black, 1 Silver, 1 Gold, 1 Rose Gold)
Average time of order for people who received text today: 0815
Average time of order for people who did not receive text today: 0926
Message 463 of 3,109

StevenB14
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@kinetiktheory wrote:
Some stats from the wee survey:

Total Respondants: 34
Number that received text today: 7 (6 Blacks and 1 Silver)
Number that didn't receive text today: 27 (7 Jet Black, 17 Black, 1 Silver, 1 Gold, 1 Rose Gold)
Average time of order for people who received text today: 0815
Average time of order for people who did not receive text today: 0926

There is a post in the iphone 7 thread I think that said that one of the CS staff told them that only people who are getting their phone in the next shipment were getting txts sent out.  I'm not really sure I believe that but looking at the above stats it could be correct.  The folk who ordered earlier are getting the txts.

Message 464 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
@StevenB14 I ordered at 08:15 on 09/09 and haven't received any comms at all since the order confirmation...so depends what you mean by "ordered earlier", because there's only 15 minutes between being available for pre-order and my order confirmation!

I'm inclined to not believe anything at all until there is a consistent message.
Message 465 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like someone said previously i just wish they gave you the option to change the colour of your phone if you want to; i want the matt black but its not a deal breaker to have the other colour if it means i get it a lot sooner, as my 6 is on its last legs and i need a phone for buisness
Message 466 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Told by online chat yesterday i would receive a txt today and then should have my handset within 2 to 3 days.....

No txt or email received

Order still "in progress"

black 7 plus 128g

ordered 9/9 8:50

i have had to borrow a nokia to use as had to send my iphone 6s off to envirophone yesterday...

Message 467 of 3,109

COX1989
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been notified by live chat that my order is awaiting dispatch (iphone 7 plus 128gb black) and that it will be with me within the next 48 hours, i know there probably lying but i hope to god there right. I ordered at 9:30 on the 9th and i dont believe im ahead of all the people waiting. My O2 still says in progress.

Message 468 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text Received on Tue: No

Device: Plus 128GB Black

When Preordered: 09/09 between 10-11 (can't remember exact time)

had a text this morning, but was just some stupid marketing text about recycling old device.

Message 469 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text received on Tue: Yes

Device: Plus 128GB Black

When Preordered: 09/09, confirmation email received 8:03am

Just sent the following email to complaints:

"Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing regarding the lack of clear information from O2 with respect to the recent problems with delivery of iPhone 7/7+ pre-orders. I do understand that there have been global shortages in supply due to unprecedented demand for these phones, but do feel that the frustration felt by customers could have been mitigated by timely and accurate information from O2.

After ordering my phone early on the morning of 9th September, I received little communication from O2, save for an order confirmation and expected delivery date of 16th September. I did speak to Live Chat on the afternoon of 15th September who advised me that I would receive my phone the following day, only to then receive a text message later that evening informing me of a delay (only after arranging a day off work on the Friday to accept delivery of the phone). During the day on Friday 16th, I was advised by Live Chat that a phone was waiting to be dispatched for delivery Saturday 17th/ Sunday 18th. I was then advised by a customer service rep (who discussed with his manager) that I would receive my phone in the next four days. Unfortunately, this has not been the case, and I have subsequently been advised this morning (20th) by text message that there is still no stock available and to await further update by text message on Thursday 22nd.  I do not feel that these text messages have been informative in the slightest.

As a customer who has paid both to finish their old Refresh device plan as well as an upfront cost for the new phone, this lack of clear information is extremely frustrating. I do appreciate the issues with respect to stock control, but feel that the dissemination of information to customers has been extremely poor. Indeed, on looking through the O2 Community pages, it appears that there has been no consistent information either from Customer Services or Live Chat. At the very least, this amounts to a lack of reliable information from uninformed staff and at worst is tantamount to conveying false information to customers to appease them on the phone or on Live Chat.

Like many customers, I would be much happier if I had clear information regarding the projected timeline for delivery of pre-orders (i.e. should we expect them this week, next week or indeed in 6 weeks?).  Furthermore, I feel that there has been little or no compensation offered from O2 for the delay or lack of clear information. Indeed, the offer of 25% extra data to me is a meaningless gesture - as someone who rarely uses more than 5gb of data on a 20gb data plan, there is little recompense to me as a paying customer. 

I would appreciate a prompt reply regarding my above comments. If indeed you would be able to offer me any clearer information with regards to the delivery of my phone, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,"
Message 470 of 3,109