cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas why my average data use has doubled this month to exceed data limit when phone use the same as before? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Quite a few threads recently about this.
It appears an old issue may have reappeared.
Check your settings to see what's using data and compare phone use to that reported by your MyO2.
If wifi assist is on it may be using data so check that too, but I found it doesn't use much myself.
If you are getting a big difference between your phone and your MyO2 usage you need to report issue to customer services so they can investigate for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This seems to be a regular complaint now. O2 needs to sort this out and the only way to get anything done is for all customers affected to make a complaint. I think no matter what you try won't fix this, it's an o2 system problem. @MI5 himself had the same problem and he will have tried all the checks he has mentioned before having to change network.

If you don't have any luck sorting this out then make the complaint.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 5

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

If it's proved to be a known failure of an O2 system then it may well be construed as fraud if they did not rectify the known failure. Taking money for no reason is illegal.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear you've had unexpected increase in your data use. Did you check in case it might be the wi-fi assist mentioned above? Did you have it enabled by any chance?

WiFiAssist.jpg

Message 5 of 5