Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing

MarkP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone explain to me how I can check if my iPhone is set up for data sharing with my iPad, both on monthly contracts. As I have twice contacted o2 (once by phone and once by chat) to set this up, both times they have said it has been set up, but if I go to "data sharing" on "my o2" then both devices are showing as able to share data, but I can't  select a lead device.

Mark.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MarkP
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, tried again, now been told something different.
So now been told, iPad should be on a special tariff that has no data included, but, when both I and the CS rep looked that tariff does not exist, so trying again for a call back from a manager, thats 2 I'm now waiting for, think we'll then go the CEO office route...not forgetting twitter.....
Message 21 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Painful innit !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think this has gone well beyond a joke now. Certainly doesn't bode well for anyone looking to do the same as you...Crazy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 32

MarkP
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, so now getting to the bottom of the issue.

So I phoned sales, just told them I wanted to get a new device on a sharer plan.

Offered me an ipad air 2 16GB for £25 a month with a special sharer tariff.

Then told them I already had a device, was then told I could get a 30 day rolling contract for the sharer plan at £8.50 a month, looks like these are only available direct from Sales, as there not shown on the website, and CS dont know anything about them.

Very helpfull rep on Sales, told her I'll get CS to speak to sales since they are the only people who understand the sharer requirments.

And finally, really think they should make the whole concept and requirements much much clearer on the website, and maybe a bit more training for Cs.

PS, still waiting for a call back from 2 different managers in CS......now theres a suprise.

Hope this cleares things up for others as well as me.

Message 24 of 32

MI5
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, that £8.50 a month is the one I was talking about earlier.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I love that comment @MarkP "More training for CS"....I have been on my soap box about that for a while..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 32

MarkP
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yet another Update, spoke to CS (accounts) asked them to swap my second device from a "Leader" to a "member"...they tried and tried, but eventually said, they don't know how to do it..!
then tried it again via "chat" again was told they didn't know how to do it but it would be passed to the "support team".....
Although I was told that there is no reason it can't be done on an existing tariff....
we will wait and see....
Message 27 of 32

MarkP
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yet another call..this time got a manager...
Again, nothing they can do, once the tariff has been set as a "leader" it can't be changed...!
So email sent to Ronan Dunne, and copied to complaints review...
Not sure it will help, but I'll keep you updated...
Message 28 of 32

dannysayer
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spoke to live chat again and explained what I wanted and be seem to understand and came back and said its all done. iPad changed to memeber. 

Nothing changed on my o2 yet though. 

More info

Message 29 of 32

MI5
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
"If" they have done it, nothing will change until midnight (ish) when the system runs updates.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 32