Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing

MarkP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone explain to me how I can check if my iPhone is set up for data sharing with my iPad, both on monthly contracts. As I have twice contacted o2 (once by phone and once by chat) to set this up, both times they have said it has been set up, but if I go to "data sharing" on "my o2" then both devices are showing as able to share data, but I can't  select a lead device.

Mark.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think @MI5 is the one to answer this...as I am sure he has a data sharing plan..?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 32

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you can't set one as a lead device you need to get cs to set one for you.
Normally you can select and change lead devices or even have two lead devices if you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 32

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Go here https://shareddata.o2.co.uk/#/
It should ask you to log in and will tell you what you have set up to share data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 32

MarkP
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok cheers for that, it just shows the 2 devices as "devices with data able to share"
Issue is my iPhone has 20GB but my iPad only has 6GB, yeah I know I can tether, but it would just be so much easier to combine and share the data.
Looks like I'll be back on the phone to cs.
Message 5 of 32

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

This is the official instruction from O2 but it assumes you can set the lead device yourself.....

Before you are able to share a data allowance across your devices, we'll need to activate sharing. If this wasn't done in store when you bought your device or sim, you can activate it in My O2.

Once logged in you'll see a list of your Pay Monthly account(s), with a link to set up your shared data. Click this and the lead device will be shown its data allowance followed by a list of phones and tablets that you can share the allowance with.

Tick the boxes for devices you wish to share with and – if you want – change the names so you can easily spot which device is which. Then click the 'Start sharing data' button and you're done.

You'll see a message confirming that we're processing the request – it normally takes around 10-15 minutes to activate, but sometimes could take up to 24 hours.

Source: http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

Currently using:
Message 6 of 32

dannysayer
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same problem. Spoke to live chat and was told to phone cs os 202 to set one device as lead manually.

Spoke to cs before only to be told nothing can be done as it should have been set up when ipad contract was taken out.

Both devices are on a sharing tarrif.

Message 7 of 32

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Don't be fobbed off by cs. The option should be in your My O2, if it's not there they have to fix it or pass it on to someone who can.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 32

dannysayer
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Spoke to customer service again this morning and hVe been told I have 2 lead devices. iPhone with 20gb data and iPad with 1gb data. 

Told that I need to move iPad to member tarrif without data to share data and that can't be done till I am due a upgrade in 2017. 

Message 9 of 32

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Complete rubbish.
If it's a new contract set up incorrectly they have to amend it.
The only way they can't do it is if it is an old tariff taken pre data sharing.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 32