Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming

Sheila1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone clarify for me, when charges change on 15 June, re data, does this mean I will be able to have data roaming on, when I am in France, without being charged?

thank you, 

Sheila Irwin

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sort of....
You can have data roaming on without being charged as long as you don't use more than you are allowed on your tariff. So, if you have 1gb of data in UK you can use that in EU before getting charged.
T&C's on this thread for PAYG and pay monthly
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Use-your-UK-bundles-in-Europe/m-p/1050515
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sort of....
You can have data roaming on without being charged as long as you don't use more than you are allowed on your tariff. So, if you have 1gb of data in UK you can use that in EU before getting charged.
T&C's on this thread for PAYG and pay monthly
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Use-your-UK-bundles-in-Europe/m-p/1050515
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
as long as you don't use more than you are allowed on your tariff. So, if you have 1gb of data in UK you can use that in EU before getting charged.

@MI5........after the 15 June, I foresee many questions being asked, such as "Why have I been charged for using data when on holiday in Benidorm ?.......do customers really understand......is a new guide needed ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think you could be right there although the T&C's are very clear, if read wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Beenherebefore @MI5 I'm on with writing an up to guide as we speak 😄

Should be be finished in next couple of days. Will get it checked and then it's ready to go 👍

I can can see many questions being asked 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That one is right up your street mate wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6