cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection problems iPhone 7 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having problems with my data connection and I don't know whether it's an O2 issue or a problem with my phone.

The phone shows full 3G signal.  However, periodically the data stops working (still showing full five bar signal).  If I toggle airplane mode on / off the data comes back again, but only temporarily.  After a while it stops working and I have to toggle airplane mode on and off again.

I've tried restoring the phone and resetting network settings, but still get the problem.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You should have asked us sooner wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, your problem sounds very similar to mine.. i have an iphone7 on 02... when i'm listening to the apple music radio the music stops and i notice that i have no data connection (i go into safari and it wont load google.co.uk).  to resolve i turn the phone onto Airplane mode then turn it off.. this forces it to reconnect to the o2 network.. 

this happens 2-8 times a day and usually when i've walking between buildings in Carnary Wharf, London.. (the phone is heavly used so connects to wifi, mobile networks all the time).  I've gone into an o2 store and they have replaced my sim but keep telling my that its an iphone issue.. 

i've used an EE and vodafone sim in my iphone7 and i do not get the same problem but am yet to try my o2 sim in another phone... 

any suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated as with the new Blackberry coming out and continued niggles with my iphone i'm starting to feel change is in order! 

Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you are only getting the issue with o2 it must be the network that's the problem.
Is it just in the one area?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

it mainly happens in london, canary wharf but it has happend else where in london.. 

i've just gone back to o2 store and they have replaced my sim again.. if that does not fix the problem they have told me to take the phone back to apple as its a known issue!!

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There have been reports of this but not for a while now.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

raru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

The problem mentioned in this conversation is exactly same for me. It mainly happens in London in Canary Wharf, not sure about other locations as on Wi-Fi at home.

Main question is: is that O2 network problem / O2 settings or Apple's another IPhone group (Iphone7) having a hidden fault?

What is the solution? Anyone fixed already?

Thank you and regards

Message 16 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Generally speaking, if the phone works everywhere apart from 1 area it would indicate a problem with a mast (or masts).
As previously mentioned, if you can, check with others in the same area on o2 to see if they have the issue.
You can download the My Network app to report the fault.
Other things to try include swapping to 3G/H (somewhere under mobile data settings/network selection) - the reason this helps is that everyone defaults now to 4G, so there are fewer people using 3G and so the speed can be quicker using the older connection type.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 17