cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEPOSIT HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

So i was looking through various i phones yesterday and stubmled upon one i really liked, so i went to the checkout and filled in all the pages until it checked my credit history and asked me to pay upfront £450, as this is alot of money to put upfront i closed the tab and decided i would come back later in the week after i had though about this decision.

However it seems that the £450 was taken out of my account today but i had not authorized it and have had no confirmation of any order at all, can someone please explain is this just a procedure thing that they do to check you have enough money in your account or are they taking that as a deposit which i did not intend to pay.

Please help

Many thanks 

Tom

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The money will almost certainly not have been taken as you haven't completed the order.

What will have happened is that CPW will have taken what is called an "authorisation" i.e. is the money there if the order were to complete? With the exception of hotel and car hire, most authorisations remain in place for no more than 48 hours then they drop off the system and the funds are available to you again.

It is normal practice.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

You need to call customer service as it looks like the deal has gone through.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Usually, what happens is that they just put a placeholder in for the funds and after 24 hours this will be available to you again if you did not complete the order, but, if you are concerned, call CS as advised above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As a matter of interest have you checked your bank account to see if these funds have been taken?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

the money has been shown to be waiting to be taken from my account, as my account is 500 pounds less in funds available so i imagine they have taken the money out of my account 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It's not necessarily taken - it may just be "earmarked" and it will return to your account if you don't complete the order.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The money will almost certainly not have been taken as you haven't completed the order.

What will have happened is that CPW will have taken what is called an "authorisation" i.e. is the money there if the order were to complete? With the exception of hotel and car hire, most authorisations remain in place for no more than 48 hours then they drop off the system and the funds are available to you again.

It is normal practice.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tom1995, what happened finally with this? Were you able to solve it?

Message 8 of 8