cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing out of Apps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, is anyone have a problem where you are using an app and the just returns to the home screen? Use to happen on my old phone after a few years but wouldn't think it should be happening already. Is there a fix? Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Dunno, bloke at the corner shop has booked a genius appointment due to the amount of software issues he's having. Said it's a step back from iPhone 5s
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Running latest 8.0.2 and they are popular apps like facebook and what's app also some games, it's like it can't handle the information and crashes out. Didn't expect it from a new iPhone?
Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I agree, it should do much better than that. Sounds like a memory issue?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Running latest 8.0.2 and they are popular apps like facebook and what's app also some games, it's like it can't handle the information and crashes out. Didn't expect it from a new iPhone?

How much user memory do you have left on your iPhone. 

Settings -> General -> Usage -> Storage. 

If your close to full then look at a spring clean. 

Again I would suggest deleting the App via under 'Manage Storage' and tap on the App causing issues and press 'Delete App' and then re install. 

An Apple Employee at the Genius Bar would run a diagnostic on the iPhone. Be sure to make a Back Up to iCloud and or iTunes before you go. 

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find that this happens to me with my Tumblr app, if I scroll too far down on my liked tab it just exits, I'm guessing its just a bug that will be fixed with an update
Message 15 of 15