cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending before next bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get billed every 20th day of the month for my contract. My contract ends on Feb 18th. I want to end my contract. Can I end my contract near to the end of January (pay day)? Or do I have to end it more days before Feb 18th? Thank you
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please see this link

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

With reference to your other thread, once you cancel the contract, the phone is yours to keep.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I say 'pay day' I mean when I get paid from my workplace lol
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please see this link

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

With reference to your other thread, once you cancel the contract, the phone is yours to keep.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much. For some reason it won't allow me to 'Accept as Solution' - so I accept your post from my other question as my solution lol 🙂
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

No problem. Just call customer service on 202. It's a free call.

Please note. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, please don't start another thread. Seeing two threads on the same topic by the same poster gets confusing. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure why you started this second thread Emily? All questions were answered on the one  you started earlier this morning?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some annoying reason I cannot access my previous thread nor can I 'Accept solution' or 'Kudos'. It keeps saying there's something wrong with the server. Perhaps o2 community works better on a computer as I've got to go through loads of options before getting to where I need to be. I rarely use o2 community so I'm still trying to grasp the basics of it all. In case I cannot find my previous thread, this is the question I was going to ask - when I have paid for my bill this month (20th Jan) can I then cancel my contract without any additional charges as my contract ends before the usual 20th of the month billing day? Thank you and sorry if I've caused confusion - I'm also confused 😞
Message 7 of 12

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous The answer to your question is no. You have to pay until the end of your contract.You keep saying you want to cancel, but have not said what you want to do after you cancel. You need to give O2 30 days notice of cancellation, or if you are changing networks, you can ask for your PAC. Once you use your PAC your contract will be automatically cancelled and you will pay pro rata for the days you have used in your last month.

If, as already suggested, you call customer service on 202 and speak to an advisor, they can assist you in ending your contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you can, just call 202 and they will end the contract and produce a final bill. Don't cancel any direct debit until the account has been cleared and a zero balance shows in My O2.

Message 9 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the kudos and solutions! I'll take a quick look behind the the scenes slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 12