Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting iWatch to O2 Business Mobile Data

Kib
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand you need a MyO2 username and account to connect an iWatch to O2 Airtime plan via the iPhone Watch app.  

My question is if your phone has a mobile data allowance under O2 business and is the only phone on that business account, will the business MyO2 sign in crendentials connect the Apple Store-bought iWatch to the business mobile data plan?

O2 business people said that do not deal with iWatches and I'd have to go to Personal CS.  Phone lines are crazy atm understandably.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Hi,

You will only be able to use the apple watch connected via bluetooth you wont be able to use it standalone without the phone being there if you are on a business contract.  Business contracts dont yet have the capablity to add an apple watch to the data plan.

Hope this helps 

signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Any ideas @MI5?
Don't think an iWatch will work but not very sure...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

O2Jennifer
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Kib wrote:

I understand you need a MyO2 username and account to connect an iWatch to O2 Airtime plan via the iPhone Watch app.  

My question is if your phone has a mobile data allowance under O2 business and is the only phone on that business account, will the business MyO2 sign in crendentials connect the Apple Store-bought iWatch to the business mobile data plan?

O2 business people said that do not deal with iWatches and I'd have to go to Personal CS.  Phone lines are crazy atm understandably.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Hi,

Apple watches e-sims will not link to business accounts as yet. You can pair the watch and use it like a non cellular device.

signature
Message 3 of 8

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Hi,

You will only be able to use the apple watch connected via bluetooth you wont be able to use it standalone without the phone being there if you are on a business contract.  Business contracts dont yet have the capablity to add an apple watch to the data plan.

Hope this helps 

signature
Message 4 of 8

Kib
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick confirmation.  

Is connecting to business contracts data plans on the horizon at all -- is it a discussion point at all I mean?  I know you may not have a definitive answer but I assume I'm not the first to query this.

Alternatively can I use a separate (personal contract) airtime plan just for the iWatch if pairing via bluetooth becomes  tiresome or burdensome?

Thanks for the clarity

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Any ideas @MI5?
Don't think an iWatch will work but not very sure...

Correct @gmarkj 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

O2Lorna
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Hi Kib,

There isnt a date yet as to when the capability will be available on business contracts. 

You would be able to connect it to a personal contract yes but it would then be the number associated with the personal contract that would come through to the watch not the business number, for calls and notifications.

signature
Message 7 of 8

Kib
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Of course O2Lorna. Thanks, fair enough. Fingers crossed for biz compatibility in near future.

Thanks to all who took the time to answer and help.  Much appreciated.

Message 8 of 8