Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

Yeah just take your insurance off and it'll be about the same. I just realised i'm paying something like £42 a month, so I'll just pay the extra £3 by upgrading my contract and taking off my insurance.

That'll teach 'em!!
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

Yeah just take your insurance off and it'll be about the same. I just realised i'm paying something like £42 a month, so I'll just pay the extra £3 by upgrading my contract and taking off my insurance.
That'll teach 'em!!

That's the best thing to do!! I was on a £35p/m contract but kept going over my allowances and ended up paying more than £45p/m sometimes.

I'd like to ditch the insurance however, I can't help but feel the iPhone is too expensive to have stolen or something!
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

Yep!

Spending all day on a bike, I just have to have the insurance! I'd be gutted if I knackered the iPhone & couldn't claim.

I also appreciate that this is opening the doors for numerous "insurance-waste-of-money" posts but it works for me!
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

Yeah I know what you mean, well its either pay £100 and get a iphone, or upgrade contract and get a free iphone, hmm...
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

Yep!
Spending all day on a bike, I just have to have the insurance! I'd be gutted if I knackered the iPhone & couldn't claim.
I also appreciate that this is opening the doors for numerous "insurance-waste-of-money" posts but it works for me!

Me too!!

Check this out... http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/existingiphonecustomers

Looks like there WILL be Pay & Go SIMS for your old iPhone!!
Anonymous

Re: What?

Heads up... Smiley Very Happy you need to be registered on 02 to receive the upgrade offer

You not filled that in yet?
Oh do keep up at the back! Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Wink deary me
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

also, you wont be able to buy the phone and walk out the shop, it wont be for sale online either, read the where to buy on the apple site again.

It will need to be registered in store to stop jailbreaking...

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/buy/

this may change though..
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

also, you wont be able to buy the phone and walk out the shop, it wont be for sale online either, read the where to buy on the apple site again.
It will need to be registered in store to stop jailbreaking...
http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/buy/

this may change though..

Let link just let's you search for your nearest O2/Carphone Warehouse store. There's nothing about registering on there??
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

The next question for the upgrades are..

Do they post it to you ?

Do you collect instore ? :womanindifferent:

Obviously something must be in place with regards to security of account holder etc.
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

not register for an iphone, I should of said activate.... Smiley Very Happy

all 3g iphones will need to be activated in store. so no web orders , upgrades also will be instore..