Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

I highly doubt o2 are going to let existing users upgrade - even for a extended contract (please feel very free to prove me wrong).

Perhaps what is likely if they did this though would be to only have this available for early adopters e.g. launch users rather than people who bought upgraded to the cheap ones in May.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up here, they'll want to limit the amount of handsets given away if they did go down that route.
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

I highly doubt o2 are going to let existing users upgrade - even for a extended contract (please feel very free to prove me wrong).
Perhaps what is likely if they did this though would be to only have this available for early adopters e.g. launch users rather than people who bought upgraded to the cheap ones in May.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up here, they'll want to limit the amount of handsets given away if they did go down that route.

I understand what you're saying, however, iPhone contracts aren't the cheapest and I'm sure O2 are making a bundle on the iPhone on the contract alone! I'm sure that get these phones fairly cheaply from Apple with the amount they sell, so they're still going to make huge profits. Therefore, they're not 'giving' the handsets away -- they're still going to make a profit on them.

I agree though that only early iPhone customers should be eligible for a free upgrade. As far as I'm concerned, when the price of the iPhone was cut in May, that just re-enforced rumors that Apple are to release a 3G version. Therefore, to buy one at that time was a bit silly.
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

So its going to be faster the 3g iphone
Will i get a 3g signel
I was told the edge was good in my area
wrong
so 3g?
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

So its going to be faster the 3g iphone
Will i get a 3g signel
I was told the edge was good in my area
wrong
so 3g?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I haven't used a 3G phone since buying the iPhone late last year so I don't really remember what 3G coverage was like. I agree though that Edge coverage is fairly rubbish! I'm sure 3G coverage will be better and as the majority of phones released these days are 3G, the coverage will only get stronger.

But yes, with a decent 3G signal, it will be much faster than Edge.
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

I just hope to God we find out soon what O2's plans are as the suspense is killing me already and it's only hours after the new iPhone has been announced!!! Ha-ha-ha!!
Anonymous

Re: Sad drool!

When can I order my new one?

Although, from macrumourslive.com:
11:08 am iPhone 2.0 will be available in early for July. Free for iPhone owners, $9.99 for iPod Touch owners.
Fingers crossed!

Yeah - pretty obvious, but they were talking about the iphone 2.0 software upgrade here - NOT a new iphone!
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

I agree though that only early iPhone customers should be eligible for a free upgrade. As far as I'm concerned, when the price of the iPhone was cut in May, that just re-enforced rumors that Apple are to release a 3G version. Therefore, to buy one at that time was a bit silly.

Just had another thought - existing o2 customers also. I remember I could upgrade to my iphone for free because I was already a customer before the partnership was announced. But regardless, my hopes aren't high - and its lovely phone anyway.
Anonymous

iPhone

yeah I think only us early adopters should get a a free upgrade. If O2 and / or apple can knock £169 off the price after a few months then they can give is a free £100 phone after spending our hard earned cash with them since November or whatever.

If you bought one for a £100 when they were reduced then O2 should give you the chance to upgrade for the £100. You may moan but you still aint spent as much as us early adopters.
Anonymous

Re: iPhone

yeah I think only us early adopters should get a a free upgrade. If O2 and / or apple can knock £169 off the price after a few months then they can give is a free £100 phone after spending our hard earned cash with them since November or whatever.
If you bought one for a £100 when they were reduced then O2 should give you the chance to upgrade for the £100. You may moan but you still aint spent as much as us early adopters.

I agree and as I said previously, when the iPhone's price was slashed, you should have really realised they were going to release a new one, lol. Therefore I would have waited.
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

O2 will release details tomorrow of New Iphone deals Smiley Very Happy